Oakland Athletics vs. Seattle Mariners: Best Odds and Preview for September 28, 2021
Two of baseball’s best power hitters go head-to-head when the Oakland Athletics (85-72) and the Seattle Mariners (87-70) meet at 10:10 PM ET on Tuesday at T-Mobile Park. Matt Olson has 38 homers (sixth in the league) for the favored Athletics (-119), and Mitch Haniger ranks seventh in MLB play with 37 dingers this season for the Mariners (+100).
Oakland’s Chris Bassitt and Seattle’s Yusei Kikuchi will take the mound first.
Best Odds for Oakland Athletics vs Seattle Mariners
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Oakland Athletics and Seattle Mariners in which the Athletics are currently the pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Athletics vs Mariners Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||77%||23%|
|% of Stake||57%||43%|
- The Athletics have been chosen as favorites in 105 games this year and have walked away with the win 62 times (59%) in those games.
- Oakland and their opponents have hit the over in 71 of their 156 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Athletics have scored 717 runs (4.6 per game) this season, which ranks 11th in MLB.
- In seven games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Oakland has a record of 3-4.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Athletics and their foes are 3-7 in their previous 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Bassitt makes the start for the Athletics, his 27th of the season. He is 12-4 with a 3.16 ERA and 158 strikeouts in 154 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out was on Thursday against the Mariners, when the righty tossed three scoreless innings while giving up just one hit.
- Bassitt’s team has won 17 of his 26 starts.
- Bassitt’s starts hit the over on the run total 12 times in 26 games with a set total this season.
- The Mariners have been the underdog on the moneyline 113 total times this season. They’ve gone 63-50 in those games.
- Seattle has combined with opponents to go over the total 79 times this season for a 79-71-7 record against the over/under.
- The Mariners are the 23rd-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.3 runs per game (666 total).
- Seattle went 5-1 over the six games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Mariners and their opponents combined to hit the over four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Kikuchi gets the start for the Mariners, his 30th of the season. He is 7-9 with a 4.41 ERA and 163 strikeouts over 157 innings pitched.
- The left-hander’s last time out came on Thursday against the Athletics, when he tossed three innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing three hits.
- Kikuchi’s team has a 14-15 record in his starts this season.
- Kikuchi has had 29 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and 16 of those matchups finished over the total.
Pick for Athletics vs. Mariners
Bet split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis points to the Athletics being favored to win over the Mariners.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.