Oakland Athletics vs. Kansas City Royals: Best Odds and Preview for September 15, 2021
Matt Olson and Salvador Perez square off in a showdown of top-10 power hitters when the Oakland Athletics (77-67) and the Kansas City Royals (66-78) play at 8:10 PM ET on Wednesday. Olson has 34 homers (sixth in the league) for the favored Athletics (-149), while Perez is third in MLB play with 43 long balls this season for the underdog Royals (+128).
Oakland’s Sean Manaea starts against Kansas City’s Mike Minor.
Best Odds for Oakland Athletics vs Kansas City Royals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Oakland Athletics and Kansas City Royals.
- The Athletics have been chosen as favorites in 95 games this year and have walked away with the win 56 times (58.9%) in those games.
- Oakland’s games have gone over the total in 67 of their 143 opportunities.
- The Athletics have scored the 12th-most runs in the league this season with 657 (4.6 per game).
- In seven games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Oakland has a record of 3-4.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Athletics and their opponents are 5-4-1 in their previous 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Athletics will send Manaea (9-9) to the mound to make his 29th start of the season as he looks for his 10th victory. He is 9-9 with a 3.79 ERA and 174 strikeouts through 156 2/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander last pitched on Thursday against the White Sox, when he threw seven innings, allowing one earned run while giving up five hits.
- Over Manaea’s 28 starts, his team is 16-12.
- Manaea has had 28 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in 15 of those games.
- The Royals have won 44.6% of the games this season they were the underdog on the moneyline (45-56).
- In the 144 games bookmakers have set an over/under for Kansas City, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 62 times (62-73-9).
- The Royals score the 23rd-most runs in baseball (611 total, 4.2 per game).
- Kansas City played as the moneyline underdog for seven of its last 10 games, and went 5-2 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Royals and their opponents combined to go over the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Minor gets the start for the Royals, his 29th of the season. He is 8-12 with a 5.05 ERA and 149 strikeouts in 158 2/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty last appeared on Wednesday against the Orioles, when he tossed six scoreless innings while giving up five hits.
- Minor’s team has put together a 10-18 record in his 28 starts.
- Minor’s starts hit the over on the run total 11 times in 28 games with a set total this season.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!