Oakland Athletics vs. Kansas City Royals: Best Odds and Preview for September 14, 2021
Matt Olson and Salvador Perez go head-to-head in a showdown of top-10 sluggers when the Oakland Athletics (77-66) and the Kansas City Royals (65-78) play at 8:10 PM ET on Tuesday. Olson has 34 home runs (sixth in the league) for the favored Athletics (-158), and Perez ranks third in MLB play with 42 dingers this season for the underdog Royals (+144).
Oakland’s Frankie Montas and Kansas City’s Jackson Kowar will start this matchup.
Best Odds for Oakland Athletics vs Kansas City Royals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Oakland Athletics and Kansas City Royals.
- The Athletics have been chosen as favorites in 94 games this year and have walked away with the win 56 times (59.6%) in those games.
- Oakland and their opponents have hit the over in 66 of their 142 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Athletics rank 13th in the league with 650 total runs scored this season.
- In seven games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Oakland has a record of 4-3.
- In their last 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Athletics and their foes are 5-4-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Montas (12-9 with a 3.57 ERA and 181 strikeouts in 163 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Athletics, his 29th of the season.
- In his most recent appearance on Thursday, the right-hander tossed seven innings against the White Sox, allowing one earned run while surrendering six hits.
- Montás’ team is 15-13 over his 28 starts.
- Montás’ starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 12 of 28 games.
- The Royals have a 44-56 record in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 44% of those games).
- Kansas City has combined with opponents to go over the total 61 times this season for a 61-73-9 record against the over/under.
- The Royals have the No. 24 offense in MLB play scoring 4.2 runs per game (601 total runs).
- Kansas City has a 5-2 record across the seven games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Royals and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Kowar (0-3) takes the mound first for the Royals in his fifth start of the season. He’s put together a 9.53 ERA in 17 innings pitched, with 15 strikeouts.
- The righty last pitched on Tuesday against the Orioles, when he threw six innings, allowing six earned runs while giving up five hits.
- All four of Kowar’s starts this season have ended in a loss for his team.
- Kowar’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in two of four contests.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.