Oakland Athletics vs. Houston Astros: Best Odds and Preview for September 24, 2021
Jason Castro takes a two-game home run streak into the Houston Astros’ (91-62) matchup with the Oakland Athletics (82-71). The Athletics are favored on the moneyline (-115) for this matchup against the Astros (-105), which begins at 9:40 PM ET on Friday at RingCentral Coliseum.
Frankie Montas gets the starting nod for Oakland, and Zack Greinke is Houston’s choice to start.
Best Odds for Oakland Athletics vs Houston Astros
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Oakland Athletics and Houston Astros.
- The Athletics have won in 61, or 58.7%, of the 104 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Oakland and their opponents have gone over in 69 of their 152 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Athletics have scored the 13th-most runs in the league this season with 697 (4.6 per game).
- Oakland has been favored in 10 of its past 10 games and won five of those matchups.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Athletics and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on three occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Montas gets the start for the Athletics, his 31st of the season. He is 12-9 with a 3.57 ERA and 192 strikeouts through 174 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance was on Sunday against the Angels, when the righty tossed seven scoreless innings while allowing only one hit.
- In Montás’ 30 starts, his team is 16-14.
- Montás has started 30 contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 13 of them.
- The Astros have been the moneyline underdog 26 total times this season. They’ve finished 12-14 in those games.
- Houston has played in 153 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 81 times (81-64-8).
- The Astros have the top offense in baseball scoring 5.4 runs per game (827 total runs).
- In the last 10 games, Houston has not been named the moneyline underdog by oddsmakers.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Astros and their opponents combined to go over the run total seven times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Greinke makes the start for the Astros, his 30th of the season. He is 11-6 with a 4.11 ERA and 117 strikeouts in 168 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance was on Sunday against the Diamondbacks, when the right-hander went four innings, surrendering five earned runs while allowing five hits.
- Greinke’s team has won 17 of his 29 starts.
- Greinke has had 29 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in 16 of those outings.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!