Oakland Athletics vs. Detroit Tigers: Best Odds and Preview for September 2, 2021
Miguel Cabrera will try to collect his 100th hit of the season (he has 97) when the Detroit Tigers (63-71) play the Oakland Athletics (73-60) on Thursday at 1:10 PM ET. The Tigers are underdogs (+175) to the Athletics (-210).
Frankie Montas gets the starting nod for Oakland, and Matt Manning is Detroit’s pick to start.
Best Odds for Oakland Athletics vs Detroit Tigers
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Oakland Athletics and Detroit Tigers in which the Athletics are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Athletics vs Tigers Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||94%||6%|
|% of Stake||99%||1%|
- The Athletics have been chosen as favorites in 87 games this year and have walked away with the win 52 times (59.8%) in those games.
- Oakland and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 61 of their 132 opportunities.
- The Athletics have scored the 16th-most runs in the league this season with 594 (4.5 per game).
- Oakland has competed as the favorite in five of its past 10 games and has gone 2-3 in those matchups.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Athletics and their foes are 5-5 in their last 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Athletics are sending Montas (10-9) out to make his 27th start of the season. He is 10-9 with a 3.66 ERA and 167 strikeouts over 150 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Saturday against the Yankees, the right-hander went seven scoreless innings while surrendering two hits.
- Montás’ team has compiled a 13-13 record over his 26 starts.
- Montás has had 26 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and 11 of those matchups hit the over.
- The Tigers have won 50 of the 112 games they were the moneyline underdog this season (44.6%).
- Detroit has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 134 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 57 of those games (57-72-5).
- The Tigers have the No. 20 offense in baseball scoring 4.3 runs per game (574 total runs).
- Detroit has a 4-6 record from the 10 games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Tigers combined with their opponents to go over the run total two times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Manning (3-5 with a 5.46 ERA and 34 strikeouts in 59 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Tigers, his 13th of the season.
- The right-hander’s most recent appearance came on Friday against the Blue Jays, when he went six innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up six hits.
- Over Manning’s 12 starts, his team is 5-7.
- Manning has had 12 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to hit the over in five of those games.
Pick for Athletics vs. Tigers
The Athletics are favored to win over the Tigers based on our in-depth games analysis combined with the bet split data provided by regulated betting sites.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!