Oakland Athletics vs. Chicago White Sox: Best Odds and Preview for September 9, 2021
The Oakland Athletics (74-64) will try to turn around a four-game losing streak when they host the Chicago White Sox (80-58) on Thursday at 3:37 PM ET. The Athletics are favored (-133) to end the streak when they take on the underdog White Sox (+114).
Oakland’s Sean Manaea starts against Chicago’s Reynaldo Lopez.
Best Odds for Oakland Athletics vs Chicago White Sox
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Oakland Athletics and Chicago White Sox in which the Athletics are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Athletics vs White Sox Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||72%||28%|
|% of Stake||87%||13%|
- The Athletics have been chosen as favorites in 89 games this year and have walked away with the win 53 times (59.6%) in those games.
- Oakland’s games have gone over the total in 64 of their 137 opportunities.
- The Athletics have scored 623 runs (4.5 per game) this season, which ranks 16th in MLB.
- In five games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Oakland has a record of 3-2.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Athletics and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on six occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Manaea (8-9 with a 3.91 ERA and 165 strikeouts in 149 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Athletics, his 28th of the season.
- The lefty last appeared on Friday against the Blue Jays, when he threw seven innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Manaea’s team has a 15-12 record over his 27 starts.
- Manaea’s starts hit the over on the run total 15 times in 27 games with a set total this season.
White Sox Insights
- The White Sox have been the underdog on the moneyline 32 total times this season. They’ve gone 12-20 in those games.
- Chicago has had an over/under set by bookmakers 138 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 63 of those games (63-68-7).
- The White Sox score the sixth-most runs in baseball (692 total, five per game).
- Chicago was named the moneyline underdog by bookmakers just once over the last 10 games, and won that matchup.
- Over their last 10 matchups — all of which had a set run total — the White Sox and their opponents combined to go over the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Lopez gets the start for the White Sox, his sixth of the season. He is 3-1 with a 2.08 ERA and 38 strikeouts over 39 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Saturday against the Royals, the right-hander threw four innings, allowing three earned runs while surrendering three hits.
- López’s team has won three of his five starts.
- López’s starts hit the over on the run total three times in five games with a set total this season.
Pick for Athletics vs. White Sox
Bet split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis favors the Athletics to win over the White Sox.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.