Oakland Athletics vs. Chicago White Sox: Best Odds and Preview for September 8, 2021
The Oakland Athletics (74-64) take a four-game losing streak into a home contest against the Chicago White Sox (80-58) on Wednesday at 9:40 PM ET. The Athletics are favored (-162) to end the streak against the underdog White Sox (+142).
Frankie Montas starts for Oakland while Chicago will counter with Dallas Keuchel.
Best Odds for Oakland Athletics vs Chicago White Sox
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Oakland Athletics and Chicago White Sox in which the Athletics are currently the pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Athletics vs White Sox Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||73%||27%|
|% of Stake||62%||38%|
- The Athletics have been favorites in 89 games this season and have come away with the win 53 times (59.6%) in those contests.
- Oakland’s games have gone over the total in 64 of their 137 opportunities.
- The Athletics have scored 623 runs (4.5 per game) this season, which ranks 15th in MLB.
- Oakland has played as the favorite in five of its past 10 games and has gone 3-2 in those contests.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by oddsmakers, the Athletics and their opponents are 6-3-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Montas (11-9 with a 3.68 ERA and 174 strikeouts in 156 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Athletics, his 28th of the season.
- His last time out was on Thursday against the Tigers, when the right-hander threw 6 2/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing five hits.
- Over Montás’ 27 starts, his team is 14-13.
- Montás’ starts hit the over on the run total 12 times in 27 games with a set total this season.
White Sox Insights
- The White Sox have been the moneyline underdog 32 total times this season. They’ve finished 12-20 in those games.
- Chicago has played in 138 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 63 times (63-68-7).
- The White Sox are the sixth-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging five runs per game (692 total).
- In the last 10 games, Chicago was listed as the moneyline underdog by bookmakers just one time, a game it won.
- In their last 10 matchups — all of which had a set run total — the White Sox and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Keuchel (8-8 with a 5.22 ERA and 84 strikeouts in 139 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the White Sox, his 27th of the season.
- The lefty’s last appearance was on Saturday against the Royals, when he tossed three innings, surrendering five earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- Keuchel’s team has a 14-12 record in his starts this season.
- Keuchel’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 14 of 26 contests.
Pick for Athletics vs. White Sox
Bet split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis favors the Athletics to win over the White Sox.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.