Northwestern vs. Illinois Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football Week 13 Predictions
The Illinois Fighting Illini (4-7, 0-0 Big Ten) and Northwestern Wildcats (3-8, 0-0 Big Ten) square off with the Land of Lincoln Trophy at stake on Saturday, November 27, 2021 at Memorial Stadium. The Fighting Illini are favored by 6.5 points in this one. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 42.5.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Illinois stats and betting info
Betting trends for Illinois
- Illinois has a 6-5-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Fighting Illini have not yet covered the spread as favorites of 6.5 points or more this season (0-2).
- Illinois has gone over in three of its 11 games with a set total (27.3%).
- Illinois and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (42.5 points) four times this season.
- This season, the average total for Fighting Illini games is 49.5 points, 7.0 more than the over/under of 42.5 points for this contest.
- The Fighting Illini rack up 111.8 fewer yards per game (315.0), than the Wildcats give up per outing (426.8).
- The Fighting Illini have 11 giveaways this season, while the Wildcats have 15 takeaways .
|Pass yards||148.4 (1632)||122|
|Rush yards||166.6 (1833)||62|
|Points scored||17.7 (195)||121|
|Pass yards against||223.5 (2459)||58|
|Rush yards against||154.1 (1695)||71|
|Points allowed||22.6 (249)||41|
Key players for Illinois
- Brandon Peters leads Illinois with 928 passing yards (84.4 ypg) on 77-of-146 passing with six touchdowns compared to three interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Chase Brown, has carried the ball 157 times for 896 yards (81.5 per game), with four touchdowns this year.
- Isaiah Williams’ team-high 412 receiving yards (37.5 yards per game) have come on 40 receptions with three touchdowns.
Northwestern stats and betting info
Betting trends for Northwestern
- So far this year, Northwestern has put together a 3-8-0 record against the spread.
- When they have played as at least 6.5-point underdogs this year, the Wildcats are 1-5 against the spread.
- Out of Northwestern’s 11 games with a set total, five have hit the over (45.5%).
- This season, five games Northwestern played finished with a combined score over 42.5 points.
- The over/under for this contest is 3.8 points fewer than the average over/under in Wildcats’ games this season (46.3 points).
- The Wildcats rack up 328.8 yards per game, 48.8 fewer yards than the 377.6 the Fighting Illini give up.
- In games that Northwestern amasses over 377.6 yards, the team is 2-2.
- The Wildcats have turned the ball over five more times (20 total) than the Fighting Illini have forced a turnover (15) this season.
|Pass yards||182.3 (2005)||110|
|Rush yards||146.5 (1612)||81|
|Points scored||16.8 (185)||124|
|Pass yards against||214.2 (2356)||48|
|Rush yards against||212.6 (2339)||118|
|Points allowed||27.4 (301)||76|
Key players for Northwestern
- Ryan Hilinski has thrown for 855 yards (77.7 ypg) to lead Northwestern, completing 54.2% of his passes and recording three touchdown passes and three interceptions this season.
- Evan Hull’s team-high 908 rushing yards (82.5 per game) have come on 164 carries, with six touchdowns this year. He’s also added 249 yards (22.6 per game) on 31 catches with two touchdowns.
- Stephon Robinson Jr.’s 622 receiving yards (56.5 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s collected 45 receptions and two touchdowns.
Sports bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!