Northern Illinois vs. Buffalo Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football Week 12 Predictions
The Northern Illinois Huskies (7-3, 0-0 MAC) are slim favorites (-2.5) versus the Buffalo Bulls (4-6, 0-0 MAC) in a battle of two conference rivals. The game has an over/under of 65.5 points.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Northern Illinois stats and betting info
Betting trends for Northern Illinois
- Northern Illinois’ ATS record is 6-3-1 this season.
- In games they have played as at least 2.5-point favorites this season, the Huskies are 1-1 against the spread.
- Northern Illinois has hit the over in five of its 10 games with a set total (50%).
- Northern Illinois and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s over/under of 65.5 points four times this season.
- This season the average total for Huskies games is 56.5 points, 9.0 fewer than the over/under of 65.5 points for this contest.
- The Huskies average only 4.6 more yards per game (429.6), than the Bulls allow per contest (425.0).
- Northern Illinois is 3-2 overall when the team picks up more than 425.0 yards.
- The Huskies have turned the ball over two more times (13 total) than the Bulls have forced a turnover (11) this season.
|Pass yards||209.2 (2092)||91|
|Rush yards||220.4 (2204)||15|
|Points scored||31.5 (315)||46|
|Pass yards against||232.6 (2326)||69|
|Rush yards against||209.1 (2091)||119|
|Points allowed||33.3 (333)||110|
Key players for Northern Illinois
- Rocky Lombardi has thrown for 2,089 yards (208.9 ypg) to lead Northern Illinois, completing 58.1% of his passes and tossing 13 touchdown passes and seven interceptions this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 375 rushing yards (37.5 ypg) on 69 carries with five rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Jevyon Ducker, has carried the ball 131 times for 734 yards (73.4 per game), with three touchdowns this year.
- Trayvon Rudolph’s team-high 747 receiving yards (74.7 yards per game) have come on 40 receptions with seven touchdowns.
Buffalo stats and betting info
Betting trends for Buffalo
- Buffalo has covered the spread only twice in nine opportunities this season.
- The Bulls have a 1-3-1 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 2.5 points or more this season.
- Buffalo games have hit the over in four out of nine opportunities (44.4%).
- This season, three of Buffalo’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 65.5 points.
- A difference of 8.8 points separates this matchup’s over/under (65.5 points) and the average total points bet in Bulls’ games (56.7 points) this season.
- The Bulls average 23.6 fewer yards per game (418.1) than the Huskies give up per outing (441.7).
- In games that Buffalo piles up over 441.7 yards, the team is 2-2.
- The Bulls have turned the ball over eight more times (14 total) than the Huskies have forced a turnover (6) this season.
|Pass yards||223.9 (2239)||70|
|Rush yards||194.2 (1942)||34|
|Points scored||32.1 (321)||43|
|Pass yards against||228.1 (2281)||62|
|Rush yards against||196.9 (1969)||110|
|Points allowed||30.6 (306)||100|
Key players for Buffalo
- Kyle Vantrease has thrown for 1,863 yards (186.3 ypg) to lead Buffalo, completing 61.3% of his passes and collecting eight touchdown passes and six interceptions this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 115 rushing yards (11.5 ypg) on 31 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- Dylan McDuffie has carried the ball 160 times for a team-high 860 yards (86.0 per game), with 10 touchdowns this year.
- Quian Williams’ 788 receiving yards (78.8 yards per game) lead the team. He has 58 receptions with two touchdowns.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best college football odds across legal sportsbooks.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!