Nicholls State vs. Houston Baptist: Best Odds and College Football Preview for 10/23/2021
The Nicholls State Colonels (2-4, 0-0 Southland) and Houston Baptist Huskies (0-6, 0-0 Southland) will face off in a matchup of two conference rivals. The Colonels are heavy favorites, expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -17.5). The matchup has an over/under of 65.5 points.
Best odds for Nicholls State vs. Houston Baptist
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Nicholls State stats and betting info
Betting trends for Nicholls State
- Nicholls State is 3-2-0 against the spread this season.
- When they have played as at least 17.5-point favorites this season, the Colonels are 1-0 against the spread.
- Out of Nicholls State’s five games with a set total, two have hit the over (40%).
- This season, Nicholls State games have gone over this matchup’s 65.5-point total just once.
- The Colonels have seen a 66.9 average over/under in their games this season, 1.4 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The Colonels average 83.7 more yards per game (135.0) than the Huskies allow per contest (51.3).
- Nicholls State is 0-2 overall when the team churns out more than 51.3 yards.
- This year, the Colonels have turned the ball over two times, one more than the Huskies’ takeaways (1).
|Pass yards||250.0 (1500)||30|
|Rush yards||229.2 (1375)||9|
|Points scored||31.5 (189)||31|
|Pass yards against||282.3 (1694)||115|
|Rush yards against||137.5 (825)||48|
|Points allowed||32.7 (196)||91|
Key players for Nicholls State
- Lindsey Scott Jr. leads Nicholls State with 1,420 passing yards (236.7 ypg) on 111-of-178 passing with 11 touchdowns and five interceptions this season. He also has 628 rushing yards (104.7 ypg) on 92 carries while scoring six touchdowns on the ground.
- Dai’Jean Dixon’s team-high 747 receiving yards (124.5 yards per game) have come on 51 receptions with six touchdowns.
Houston Baptist stats and betting info
Betting trends for Houston Baptist
- Houston Baptist has not covered the spread in a game yet this season in five opportunities.
- The Huskies are winless against the spread (0-2) when playing as at least 17.5-point underdogs.
- Houston Baptist has hit the over in three of its five games with a set total (60%).
- There has been just one game featuring Houston Baptist this season with more combined scoring than Saturday’s over/under of 65.5.
- A difference of 2.5 points separates this game’s over/under (65.5 points) and the average total points bet in Huskies’ games (63.0 points) this season.
- The Huskies average 132.3 fewer yards per game (31.2) than the Colonels give up per contest (163.5).
- The Huskies have turned the ball over three times this season, two more turnovers than the Colonels have forced (1).
|Pass yards||167.7 (1006)||95|
|Rush yards||52.0 (312)||123|
|Points scored||19.2 (115)||94|
|Pass yards against||198.0 (1188)||49|
|Rush yards against||183.8 (1103)||102|
|Points allowed||39.8 (239)||118|
Key players for Houston Baptist
- Orion Olivas leads Houston Baptist with 425 passing yards (70.8 ypg) on 40-of-79 passing with four touchdowns compared to two interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Dreshawn Minnieweather, has carried the ball 29 times for 73 yards (12.2 per game) this year.
- Tyson Thompson’s team-high 259 receiving yards (43.2 yards per game) have come on 22 receptions with one touchdown.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!