New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays: Best Odds and Preview for September 9, 2021
The Toronto Blue Jays (76-62) will look to sweep the New York Yankees (78-61) on Thursday at Yankee Stadium. The Blue Jays lead 3-0, but are underdogs (-101) against the Yankees (-117) in the matchup, which starts at 7:05 PM ET.
Nestor Cortes Jr. gets the starting nod for New York, and Jose Berrios is Toronto’s pick to start.
Best Odds for New York Yankees vs Toronto Blue Jays
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the New York Yankees and Toronto Blue Jays in which the Yankees are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Yankees vs Blue Jays Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||88%||12%|
|% of Stake||91%||9%|
- The Yankees have come away with 64 wins in the 114 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- New York and their opponents have gone over in 58 of their 139 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Yankees have scored 598 runs (4.3 per game) this season, which ranks 21st in MLB.
- New York has played as the favorite in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 2-8 in those contests.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Yankees and their opponents are 3-7 in their previous 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Cortes gets the start for the Yankees, his 10th of the season. He is 2-2 with a 2.67 ERA and 71 strikeouts in 67 1/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty’s last time out came on Friday against the Orioles, when he went 5 2/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing four hits.
- In Cortes’ nine starts, his team is 7-2.
- Cortes’ starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in two of nine games.
Blue Jays Insights
- The Blue Jays have won 26 of the 49 games they were the moneyline underdog this season (53.1%).
- Toronto has combined with opponents to go over the total 62 times this season for a 62-75-1 record against the over/under.
- The Blue Jays have the No. 5 offense in MLB action scoring 5.1 runs per game (704 total runs).
- Toronto played three of its last 10 games as the moneyline underdog, and won all of them.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Blue Jays combined with their opponents to go over the run total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Berrios gets the start for the Blue Jays, his eighth of the season. He is 3-2 with a 3.79 ERA and 43 strikeouts in 38 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday against the Athletics, when he threw 6 2/3 innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up four hits.
- Berrios’ team has compiled a 3-4 record over his seven starts.
- Berrios has had seven starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and three of those matchups finished over the total.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||137||.320||.404||.605||41||99||164|
Pick for Yankees vs. Blue Jays
Our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the bet split data provided by regulated betting sites favors the Yankees to win over the Blue Jays.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!