New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays: Best Odds and Preview for September 8, 2021
Alejandro Kirk leads the Toronto Blue Jays (75-62) into a matchup against the New York Yankees (78-60) after his two-home run outing in a 5-1 win over the Yankees. The Yankees are moneyline favorites (-121) for this tilt against the underdog Blue Jays (+102), which begins at 7:05 PM ET on Wednesday.
New York’s Luis Gil and Toronto’s Alek Manoah will start this matchup.
Best Odds for New York Yankees vs Toronto Blue Jays
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the New York Yankees and Toronto Blue Jays in which the Yankees are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Yankees vs Blue Jays Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||67%||33%|
|% of Stake||78%||22%|
- The Yankees have won in 64, or 56.6%, of the 113 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- New York and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 58 of their 138 opportunities.
- The Yankees rank 21st in the league with 595 total runs scored this season.
- In nine games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, New York has a record of 2-7.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Yankees and their opponents are 3-7 in their last 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gil (1-0) gets the starting nod for the Yankees in his fourth start of the season. He’s put together a .00 ERA in 15 2/3 innings pitched, with 18 strikeouts.
- In his last appearance on Tuesday, Aug. 17, the right-hander threw 4 2/3 scoreless innings against the Red Sox while surrendering three hits.
- Gil’s team has won two of his three starts.
- Gil’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in one of three games.
Blue Jays Insights
- The Blue Jays have gone 25-23 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 52.1% of those games).
- Toronto has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 137 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 62 of those games (62-74-1).
- The Blue Jays score the fourth-most runs in baseball (698 total, 5.1 per game).
- Toronto has been listed as the moneyline underdog by oddsmakers only two times in the last 10 games, and won both matchups.
- In their last 10 outings — all of which had a set run total — the Blue Jays and their opponents combined to go over the total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Manoah gets the start for the Blue Jays, his 16th of the season. He is 5-2 with a 3.63 ERA and 88 strikeouts in 79 1/3 innings pitched.
- The righty’s last time out was on Friday against the Athletics, when he tossed five innings, surrendering six earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Manoah’s team is 11-4 over his 15 starts.
- Manoah has had 15 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in eight of those games.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||136||.319||.402||.600||40||98||162|
Pick for Yankees vs. Blue Jays
Betting split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with an in-depth games analysis favors the Yankees to win over the Blue Jays.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!