New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays: Best Odds and Preview for September 7, 2021
Gerrit Cole will attempt to pick up his 15th victory of the 2021 campaign when his New York Yankees (78-59) host the Toronto Blue Jays (74-62) at Yankee Stadium on Tuesday at 7:05 PM ET. The Yankees are favored in the matchup (-190) against the Blue Jays (+165).
New York has Cole set to start, while Toronto will counter with Steven Matz.
Best Odds for New York Yankees vs Toronto Blue Jays
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the New York Yankees and Toronto Blue Jays in which the Yankees are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Yankees vs Blue Jays Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||70%||30%|
|% of Stake||76%||24%|
- The Yankees have come away with 64 wins in the 112 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- New York and their opponents have gone over in 58 of their 137 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Yankees have scored 594 runs (4.3 per game) this season, which ranks 21st in MLB.
- New York has played as the favorite in nine of its past 10 games and has gone 3-6 in those contests.
- In their last 10 matchups with a total posted by oddsmakers, the Yankees and their foes are 4-6 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Cole gets the start for the Yankees, his 26th of the season. He is 14-6 with a 2.73 ERA and 215 strikeouts in 155 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Wednesday against the Angels, when he went seven innings, allowing one earned run while giving up four hits.
- Cole’s team has compiled a 14-11 record in his 25 starts.
- Cole has started 25 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 11 of them.
Blue Jays Insights
- The Blue Jays are 24-23 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 51.1% of those games).
- In the 136 games bookmakers have set an over/under for Toronto, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 62 times (62-73-1).
- The Blue Jays are the fourth-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 5.1 runs per game (693 total).
- Over the last 10 games, Toronto has been listed as the moneyline underdog by bookmakers only once, a game it won.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Blue Jays and their opponents combined to hit the over three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Matz gets the start for the Blue Jays, his 25th of the season. He is 10-7 with a 3.80 ERA and 116 strikeouts in 123 innings pitched.
- In his most recent outing on Wednesday against the Orioles, the left-hander threw five innings, giving up two earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- Matz’s team is 11-13 over his 24 starts.
- Matz has started 24 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 13 of them.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||135||.321||.403||.604||40||98||162|
Pick for Yankees vs. Blue Jays
Our in-depth statistical analysis paired with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites favors the Yankees to win over the Blue Jays.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.