New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays: Best Odds and Preview for September 6, 2021
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. is only one home run away from hitting 40 this season, and will look to hit that milestone when his Toronto Blue Jays (73-62) visit the New York Yankees (78-58) at Yankee Stadium on Monday, starting at 1:05 PM ET. The Blue Jays are underdogs (+115) in the outing against the Yankees (-134).
New York’s Jameson Taillon and Toronto’s Hyun-Jin Ryu pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
Best Odds for New York Yankees vs Toronto Blue Jays
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the New York Yankees and Toronto Blue Jays in which the Yankees are currently the pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Yankees vs Blue Jays Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||76%||24%|
|% of Stake||63%||37%|
- The Yankees have won in 64, or 57.7%, of the 111 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- New York and their opponents have hit the over in 58 of their 136 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Yankees rank 20th in the league with 594 total runs scored this season.
- New York has played as the favorite in nine of its past 10 games and has gone 4-5 in those contests.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Yankees and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on five occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Taillon (8-5 with a 4.44 ERA and 131 strikeouts in 131 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Yankees, his 27th of the season.
- The righty’s last appearance was on Wednesday against the Angels, when he went 4 2/3 innings, surrendering six earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Taillon’s team has a 15-11 record in his 26 starts.
- Taillon has had 26 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and 18 of those matchups hit the over.
Blue Jays Insights
- The Blue Jays have been the moneyline underdog 46 total times this season. They’ve gone 23-23 in those games.
- In the 135 games bookmakers have set an over/under for Toronto, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 62 times (62-72-1).
- The Blue Jays have the No. 6 offense in baseball scoring 5.1 runs per game (685 total runs).
- Toronto has been listed as the moneyline underdog by oddsmakers just once in the last 10 games, and lost that matchup.
- Over their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Blue Jays combined with their opponents to hit the over on the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Ryu gets the start for the Blue Jays, his 27th of the season. He is 12-8 with a 3.92 ERA and 121 strikeouts in 149 1/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander last appeared on Tuesday against the Orioles, when he threw 5 2/3 innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up three hits.
- In Ryu’s 26 starts, his team is 16-10.
- Ryu’s starts went over the run total 15 times in 26 games with a set total this season.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||134||.318||.401||.598||39||97||159|
Pick for Yankees vs. Blue Jays
Betting split data from regulated betting sites combined with an in-depth statistical analysis favors the Yankees to win over the Blue Jays.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.