New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays: Best Odds and Preview for September 29, 2021
Two of the league’s best sluggers go head-to-head when the New York Yankees (90-67) and the Toronto Blue Jays (87-70) meet at 7:07 PM ET on Wednesday at Rogers Centre. Aaron Judge has 37 home runs (seventh in the league) for the favored Yankees (-119), and Vladimir Guerrero Jr. ranks second in MLB play with 46 long balls this season for the Blue Jays (+101).
New York’s Gerrit Cole gets the start against Toronto’s Jose Berrios.
Best Odds for New York Yankees vs Toronto Blue Jays
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the New York Yankees and Toronto Blue Jays.
- The Yankees have been favorites in 129 games this season and have come away with the win 74 times (57.4%) in those contests.
- Contests with New York have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 67 of 157 chances this season.
- The Yankees rank 18th in the league with 694 total runs scored this season.
- In eight games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, New York has a record of 6-2.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Yankees and their opponents are 4-4-2 in their last 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Cole (16-8) gets the starting nod for the Yankees in his 30th start of the season. He’s put together a 3.08 ERA in 175 1/3 innings pitched, with 237 strikeouts.
- In his last appearance on Friday, the righty threw six innings against the Red Sox, giving up three earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- Cole’s team has won 16 of his 29 starts.
- Cole has had 29 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and 13 of those matchups hit the over.
Blue Jays Insights
- The Blue Jays have been the moneyline underdog 51 total times this season. They’ve finished 27-24 in those games.
- Toronto has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 157 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 68 of those games (68-84-5).
- The Blue Jays are the third-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 5.2 runs per game (810 total).
- Over the last 10 games, Toronto was listed as the moneyline underdog by oddsmakers only once, a game it lost.
- In their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Blue Jays combined with their opponents to go over the run total one time.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Berrios (5-4) takes the mound first for the Blue Jays in his 12th start of the season. He has a 3.50 ERA in 64 1/3 innings pitched, with 71 strikeouts.
- His most recent time out was on Saturday against the Twins, when the right-hander tossed six innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing five hits.
- Berrios’ team has compiled a 5-6 record in his 11 starts.
- Berrios’ starts went over the run total four times in 11 games with a set total this season.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||156||.313||.398||.598||46||105||183|
|Lourdes Gurriel Jr.||138||.283||.324||.477||21||84||138|
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!