New York Yankees vs. Tampa Bay Rays: Best Odds and Preview for October 1, 2021
Aaron Judge needs just one more homer to have 40 on the season, and will try to hit that milestone when his New York Yankees (91-68) host the Tampa Bay Rays (98-61) at Yankee Stadium on Friday, beginning at 7:05 PM ET. Judge’s Yankees are favored (-120) in the outing against the Rays (+100).
New York has Nestor Cortes Jr. starting things off, and Tampa Bay will counter with Shane McClanahan.
Best Odds for New York Yankees vs Tampa Bay Rays
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays.
- The Yankees have come away with 74 wins in the 130 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- New York and their opponents have gone over in 68 of their 159 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Yankees have scored the 18th-most runs in the league this season with 699 (4.4 per game).
- In seven games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, New York has a record of 5-2.
- When it comes to the total, the Yankees and their foes are 4-4-2 in their previous 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Yankees are sending Cortes (2-2) to the mound for his 14th start of the season. He is 2-2 with a 2.85 ERA and 98 strikeouts through 88 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Saturday against the Red Sox, the lefty went 4 1/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- In Cortes’ 13 starts, his team is 10-3.
- Cortes has had 13 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in three of those outings.
- The Rays have won 30 of the 54 games they were the underdog on the moneyline this season (55.6%).
- Tampa Bay has combined with opponents to go over the total 80 times this season for an 80-69-8 record against the over/under.
- The Rays have the most productive offense in baseball scoring 5.3 runs per game (841 total runs).
- Tampa Bay has a 2-2 record from the four games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Rays and their opponents combined to hit the over two times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Rays will send McClanahan (10-6) to make his 25th start of the season. He is 10-6 with a 3.44 ERA and 138 strikeouts in 120 1/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance came on Saturday against the Marlins, when the lefty threw five innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing six hits.
- McClanahan’s team has won 14 of his 24 starts.
- McClanahan has had 24 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in nine of those outings.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.