New York Yankees vs. Oakland Athletics: Best Odds and Preview for August 26, 2021
The New York Yankees (74-52) will aim to keep an 11-game winning streak intact when they visit the Oakland Athletics (70-57) on Thursday at 9:40 PM ET. The Yankees are favored (-125) to prolong the streak when they take on the underdog Athletics (+105).
Jameson Taillon takes the mound first for New York, and James Kaprielian is Oakland’s pick to start.
Best Odds for New York Yankees vs Oakland Athletics
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Yankees vs Athletics Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||65%||35%|
|% of Stake||53%||47%|
- The Yankees have won in 60, or 58.8%, of the 102 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- New York and their opponents have hit the over in 53 of their 126 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Yankees have scored 547 runs (4.3 per game) this season, which ranks 19th in MLB.
- In seven games as the favorite over the last 10 contests, New York has a perfect record of 7-0.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Yankees and their opponents have combined to clear the total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Taillon gets the start for the Yankees, his 25th of the season. He is 8-4 with a 3.94 ERA and 121 strikeouts in 123 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Thursday, the righty went 5 1/3 innings against the Twins, allowing three earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- Taillon’s team is 14-10 in his 24 starts.
- Taillon’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 16 of 24 contests.
- The Athletics have won 19 of the 42 games they were listed as the moneyline underdog this season (45.2%).
- Oakland has played in 126 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 57 times (57-66-3).
- The Athletics have the No. 15 offense in MLB play scoring 4.4 runs per game (565 total runs).
- Oakland has a 2-3 record from the five games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Athletics combined with their opponents to hit the over on the total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Kaprielian (7-4 with a 3.25 ERA and 87 strikeouts in 88 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Athletics, his 17th of the season.
- The righty’s last time out came on Saturday against the Giants, when he tossed five innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing three hits.
- Kaprielian’s team has a 10-6 record in his starts this season.
- Kaprielian has started 16 contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in eight of them.
Pick for Yankees vs. Athletics
An in-depth statistical analysis paired with the bet split data provided by regulated betting sites favors the Yankees to win over the Athletics.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!