New York Yankees vs. New York Mets: Best Odds and Preview for September 11, 2021
Both the New York Yankees (78-62) and the New York Mets (70-71) head into Saturday’s outing on losing streaks. The favored Yankees (-129) have lost six games in a row, while the underdog Mets (+111) are losers of their last two.
The Yankees have Corey Kluber starting, and the Mets will send out Taijuan Walker.
Best Odds for New York Yankees vs New York Mets
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the New York Yankees and New York Mets in which the Yankees are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Yankees vs Mets Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||67%||33%|
|% of Stake||80%||20%|
- The Yankees have come away with 64 wins in the 115 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- The Yankees and their opponents have hit the over in 59 of their 140 games with a total this season.
- The Yankees have scored 602 runs (4.3 per game) this season, which ranks 21st in MLB.
- The Yankees have been named the favorite in 10 of their past 10 games and won two of those matchups.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Yankees and their opponents have combined to clear the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Kluber (4-3 with a 3.69 ERA and 66 strikeouts in 61 innings pitched) makes the start for the Yankees, his 13th of the season.
- The right-hander’s most recent time out came on Sunday against the Orioles, when he tossed 3 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- Kluber’s team is 6-6 over his 12 starts.
- Kluber has started 12 contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in four of them.
- The Mets have compiled a 20-36 record in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 35.7% of those games).
- The Mets have played in 141 games with an over/under set, and have combined with their opponents to go over the total 57 times (57-76-8).
- The Mets are the third-lowest scoring team in baseball averaging 3.9 runs per game (549 total).
- The Mets have not been the moneyline underdog in the last 10 games.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Mets and their opponents combined to hit the over three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Mets will send Walker (7-9) to the mound to make his 26th start of the season. He is 7-9 with a 4.15 ERA and 129 strikeouts through 138 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared on Sunday against the Nationals, when he went 4 1/3 innings, allowing six earned runs while giving up six hits.
- Walker’s team has a 15-10 record in his starts this season.
- Walker’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 13 of 25 games.
Pick for Yankees vs. Mets
Our in-depth statistical analysis paired with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites favors the Yankees to win over the Mets.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.