New York Yankees vs. New York Mets: Best Odds and Preview for September 10, 2021
The New York Yankees (78-62) have lost six games in a row as they prepare to take on the New York Mets (70-71), who have lost two in a row. The Yankees are favored (-115) to break their losing streak, while oddsmakers think the Mets’ streak will continue in Friday’s outing, which begins at 7:10 PM ET from Citi Field.
Jordan Montgomery starts for the Yankees while the Mets will counter with Tylor Megill.
Best Odds for New York Yankees vs New York Mets
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the New York Yankees and New York Mets.
- The Yankees have won in 64, or 55.7%, of the 115 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- The Yankees and their opponents have hit the over in 59 of their 140 games with a total this season.
- The Yankees have scored 602 runs (4.3 per game) this season, which ranks 21st in MLB.
- In 10 games as the odds-on favorite over the last 10 matchups, the Yankees have a posted a mark of 2-8.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Yankees and their opponents are 4-6 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Montgomery (5-5 with a 3.47 ERA and 131 strikeouts in 135 innings pitched) gets the start for the Yankees, his 26th of the season.
- In his most recent time out on Saturday against the Orioles, the lefty tossed 4 2/3 innings, giving up one earned run while surrendering six hits.
- Montgomery’s team is 15-10 in his 25 starts.
- Montgomery’s starts hit the over on the run total seven times in 25 games with a set total this season.
- The Mets have won 35.7% of the games this season they were the moneyline underdog (20-36).
- The Mets have played in 141 games with an over/under set, and have combined with their opponents to go over the total 57 times (57-76-8).
- The Mets are the third-lowest scoring team in MLB play averaging 3.9 runs per game (549 total).
- The Mets have not been the moneyline underdog in the last 10 games.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Mets combined with their opponents to hit the over on the total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Mets will send Megill (2-4) to the mound for his 15th start of the season. He is 2-4 with a 4.20 ERA and 78 strikeouts in 70 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Saturday against the Nationals, when he threw six innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- Megill’s team has won eight of his 14 starts.
- Megill’s starts hit the over on the run total five times in 14 games with a set total this season.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!