New York Yankees vs. Minnesota Twins: Best Odds and Preview for September 13, 2021
Gleyber Torres is only two hits away from his 100th of the season as his New York Yankees (79-64) ready for a matchup with the Minnesota Twins (63-80) on Monday at 2:05 PM ET. The Yankees are favored (-192) over the Twins (+164).
Luis Gil takes the mound first for New York, and John Gant is Minnesota’s pick to start.
Best Odds for New York Yankees vs Minnesota Twins
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the New York Yankees and Minnesota Twins in which the Yankees are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Yankees vs Twins Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||95%||5%|
|% of Stake||100%||0%|
- The Yankees have been favorites in 117 games this season and have come away with the win 65 times (55.6%) in those contests.
- New York’s games have gone over the total in 62 of their 143 opportunities.
- The Yankees have scored 613 runs (4.3 per game) this season, which ranks 21st in MLB.
- New York has been favored in nine of its past 10 games and won two of those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Yankees and their foes are 5-5 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Yankees are sending Gil (1-0) out for his fifth start of the season. He is 1-0 with a 1.42 ERA and 24 strikeouts through 19 innings pitched.
- In his most recent outing on Wednesday against the Blue Jays, the righty went 3 1/3 innings, allowing three earned runs while surrendering one hit.
- Gil’s team has a 2-2 record in his four starts.
- Gil has had four starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and one of those games hit the over.
- The Twins are 28-38 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 42.4% of those games).
- Minnesota has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 79 times this season for a 79-58-5 record against the over/under.
- The Twins are the 15th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.5 runs per game (643 total).
- Minnesota played as the moneyline underdog in six of its last 10 games, and went 3-3 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Twins and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gant (1-3 with a 4.85 ERA and 32 strikeouts in 26 innings pitched) gets the start for the Twins, his fifth of the season.
- His most recent appearance came on Tuesday against the Indians, when the right-hander threw five scoreless innings while allowing three hits.
- Gant’s team has a 1-3 record over his four starts.
- Gant’s starts went over the run total two times in four games with a set total this season.
Pick for Yankees vs. Twins
Betting split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis points to the Yankees being favored to win over the Twins.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.