New York Yankees vs. Baltimore Orioles: Best Odds and Preview for September 5, 2021
The Baltimore Orioles (42-92) will look to Austin Hays, who is riding an 11-game hitting streak, when they face the New York Yankees (78-57). The Yankees are moneyline favorites (-293) in this contest with the Orioles (+242), which begins at 1:05 PM ET on Sunday at Yankee Stadium.
Corey Kluber takes the mound first for New York, and Keegan Akin is Baltimore’s pick to start.
Best Odds for New York Yankees vs Baltimore Orioles
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the New York Yankees and Baltimore Orioles in which the Yankees are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Yankees vs Orioles Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||97%||3%|
|% of Stake||100%||0%|
- The Yankees have been favorites in 110 games this season and have come away with the win 64 times (58.2%) in those contests.
- New York’s games have gone over the total in 57 of their 135 opportunities.
- The Yankees have scored the 20th-most runs in the league this season with 587 (4.3 per game).
- New York has been favored in eight of its past 10 games and won four of those matchups.
- When it comes to the total, the Yankees and their opponents are 4-6 in their last 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Kluber (4-3 with a 3.61 ERA and 61 strikeouts in 57 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Yankees, his 12th of the season.
- In his most recent time out on Tuesday against the Angels, the righty threw four innings, giving up five earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- Kluber’s team is 6-5 over his 11 starts.
- Kluber’s starts went over the run total three times in 11 games with a set total this season.
- The Orioles are 38-86 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 30.6% of those games).
- Baltimore has played in 134 games with an over/under set, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 68 times (68-62-4).
- The Orioles have the No. 26 offense in MLB action scoring 4.1 runs per game (549 total runs).
- Baltimore was the moneyline underdog for nine of its last 10 games, and went 3-6 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Orioles and their opponents combined to hit the over four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Akin (2-8 with a 6.90 ERA and 68 strikeouts in 75 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Orioles, his 14th of the season.
- His last appearance came on Tuesday against the Blue Jays, when the left-hander threw five innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up two hits.
- Akin’s team has won three of his 13 starts.
- Akin’s starts went over the run total seven times in 13 games with a set total this season.
Pick for Yankees vs. Orioles
Our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites points to the Yankees being favored to win over the Orioles.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.