New York Yankees vs. Baltimore Orioles: Best Odds and Preview for September 4, 2021
Sportsbooks give the New York Yankees (78-56) the edge (-311 moneyline odds) to add to their eight-game home win streak when they meet the Baltimore Orioles (41-92) (+251 moneyline odds) on Saturday at 1:05 PM ET.
Jordan Montgomery gets the starting nod for New York, and Chris Ellis is Baltimore’s pick to start.
Best Odds for New York Yankees vs Baltimore Orioles
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the New York Yankees and Baltimore Orioles in which the Yankees are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Yankees vs Orioles Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||96%||4%|
|% of Stake||97%||3%|
- The Yankees have been victorous in 64, or 58.7%, of the 109 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- New York and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 57 of their 134 opportunities.
- The Yankees have scored 584 runs (4.4 per game) this season, which ranks 20th in MLB.
- In seven games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, New York has a record of 4-3.
- When it comes to the total, the Yankees and their foes are 4-6 in their last 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Montgomery (5-5 with a 3.52 ERA and 126 strikeouts in 130 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Yankees, his 25th of the season.
- His last appearance was on Sunday against the Athletics, when the left-hander tossed six innings, surrendering no earned runs while giving up six hits.
- Over Montgomery’s 24 starts, his team is 15-9.
- Montgomery has had 24 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in seven of those outings.
- The Orioles have won 37 of the 123 games they were the moneyline underdog this season (30.1%).
- In the 133 games bookmakers have set an over/under for Baltimore, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 68 times (68-61-4).
- The Orioles are the 25th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.1 runs per game (545 total).
- Baltimore went 2-7 over the nine games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Orioles combined with their opponents to go over the run total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Ellis (1-0) makes the start for the Orioles, his third of the season.
- His most recent appearance was on Monday against the Blue Jays, when the right-hander tossed 4 2/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up two hits.
- His team split the two games he’s appeared in this season.
- Ellis’ two starts with a total this season both went over.
Pick for Yankees vs. Orioles
The Yankees are favored to win over the Orioles based on our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!