New York Yankees vs. Baltimore Orioles: Best Odds and Preview for September 3, 2021
Sportsbooks give the New York Yankees (77-56) the edge (-210 moneyline odds) to add on to their seven-game home winning streak when they play the Baltimore Orioles (41-91) (+175 moneyline odds) on Friday at 7:05 PM ET.
New York’s Nestor Cortes Jr. gets the start against Baltimore’s John Means.
Best Odds for New York Yankees vs Baltimore Orioles
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the New York Yankees and Baltimore Orioles.
- The Yankees have been chosen as favorites in 108 games this year and have walked away with the win 63 times (58.3%) in those games.
- New York’s games have gone over the total in 57 of their 133 opportunities.
- The Yankees rank 18th in the league with 580 total runs scored this season.
- New York has played as the favorite in seven of its past 10 games and has gone 4-3 in those contests.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by oddsmakers, the Yankees and their foes are 5-5 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Yankees are sending Cortes (2-2) to make his ninth start of the season. He is 2-2 with a 2.77 ERA and 64 strikeouts over 61 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance was on Saturday against the Athletics, when the left-hander threw 5 1/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing four hits.
- Cortes’ team has a 6-2 record in his eight starts.
- Cortes has had eight starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in two of those outings.
- The Orioles have won 37 of the 122 games they were the moneyline underdog this season (30.3%).
- Baltimore has played in 132 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 68 times (68-60-4).
- The Orioles score the fifth-fewest runs in baseball (542 total, 4.1 per game).
- Baltimore has a 2-7 record from the nine games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups — all of which had a set run total — the Orioles and their opponents combined to go over the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Orioles will send Means (5-6) to the mound to make his 21st start of the season. He is 5-6 with a 3.46 ERA and 104 strikeouts through 114 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Saturday against the Rays, the lefty tossed 6 1/3 innings, giving up two earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- In Means’ 20 starts, his team is 7-13.
- Means’ starts went over the run total seven times in 20 games with a set total this season.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!