New York Yankees vs. Baltimore Orioles: Best Odds and Preview for September 15, 2021
Gleyber Torres will try to get his 100th hit of the season (he has 99) when the New York Yankees (81-64) square off against the Baltimore Orioles (46-98) on Wednesday at 7:05 PM ET. The Yankees are favored (-140) over the Orioles (+120).
New York’s Nestor Cortes Jr. and Baltimore’s John Means pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
Best Odds for New York Yankees vs Baltimore Orioles
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the New York Yankees and Baltimore Orioles.
- The Yankees have been chosen as favorites in 119 games this year and have walked away with the win 67 times (56.3%) in those games.
- New York’s games have gone over the total in 63 of their 145 opportunities.
- The Yankees have scored the 19th-most runs in the league this season with 625 (4.3 per game).
- New York has played as the favorite in nine of its past 10 games and has gone 3-6 in those contests.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Yankees and their opponents are 6-4 in their previous 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Cortes (2-2) takes the mound first for the Yankees in his 11th start of the season. He’s put together a 2.70 ERA in 73 1/3 innings pitched, with 76 strikeouts.
- In his last appearance on Thursday against the Blue Jays, the left-hander tossed six innings, giving up two earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Cortes’ team is 7-3 over his 10 starts.
- Cortes has had 10 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in three of those games.
- The Orioles have compiled a 42-91 record in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 31.6% of those games).
- Baltimore has had an over/under set by bookmakers 144 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 73 of those games (73-65-6).
- The Orioles score the 25th-most runs in baseball (600 total, 4.2 per game).
- Baltimore was the moneyline underdog in nine of its last 10 games, and went 4-5 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Orioles and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Means gets the start for the Orioles, his 23rd of the season. He is 5-7 with a 3.42 ERA and 114 strikeouts in 126 1/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander’s last time out came on Thursday against the Royals, when he went seven innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Means’ team is 7-15 in his 22 starts.
- Means has had 22 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and seven of those games hit the over.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.