New York Mets vs. Washington Nationals: Best Odds and Preview for September 6, 2021
Jonathan Villar will try to collect his 100th hit of the season (he has 99) when the New York Mets (69-68) take on the Washington Nationals (56-80) on Monday at 1:05 PM ET. The Mets are favored (-123) over the Nationals (+105).
New York’s Trevor Williams and Washington’s Patrick Corbin will start this matchup.
Best Odds for New York Mets vs Washington Nationals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the New York Mets and Washington Nationals in which the Mets are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Mets vs Nationals Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||63%||37%|
|% of Stake||72%||28%|
- The Mets have come away with 49 wins in the 81 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- New York and their opponents have gone over in 56 of their 137 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Mets are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 28th with just 534 total runs (3.9 per game) this season.
- In 10 games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, New York has a record of 8-2.
- When it comes to the total, the Mets and their foes are 5-3-2 in their last 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Mets will send Williams (0-0) to the mound for his third start of the season.
- His most recent appearance came on Tuesday against the Marlins, when the righty tossed 4 1/3 innings, surrendering no earned runs while giving up four hits.
- Williams’ team is 2-1 over his three starts.
- Williams’ starts went over the run total one time in three games with a set total this season.
- The Nationals have won 29.8% of the games this season they were the moneyline underdog (25-59).
- Washington has played in 135 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 62 times (62-69-4).
- The Nationals score the 17th-most runs in baseball (604 total, 4.4 per game).
- Washington went 2-7 over the nine games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Nationals and their opponents combined to hit the over seven times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Corbin gets the start for the Nationals, his 27th of the season. He is 7-14 with a 6.26 ERA and 114 strikeouts through 141 innings pitched.
- The lefty last appeared on Tuesday against the Phillies, when he tossed five innings, allowing six earned runs while giving up nine hits.
- Over Corbin’s 26 starts, his team is 10-16.
- Corbin has had 26 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and 15 of those outings hit the over.
Pick for Mets vs. Nationals
Our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites points to the Mets being favored to win over the Nationals.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!