New York Mets vs. Washington Nationals: Best Odds and Preview for September 5, 2021
Jonathan Villar is only three hits away from his 100th of the season as his New York Mets (68-67) ready for a matchup with the Washington Nationals (55-79) on Sunday at 1:05 PM ET. The Mets are favored (-157) over the Nationals (+138).
New York’s Taijuan Walker and Washington’s Josiah Gray will take the mound first.
Best Odds for New York Mets vs Washington Nationals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the New York Mets and Washington Nationals in which the Mets are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Mets vs Nationals Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||91%||9%|
|% of Stake||99%||1%|
- The Mets have been favorites in 79 games this season and have come away with the win 48 times (60.8%) in those contests.
- New York and their opponents have gone over in 55 of their 135 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Mets have scored 518 runs (just 3.8 per game) this season, which ranks 28th in MLB.
- New York has competed as the favorite in eight of its past 10 games and has gone 7-1 in those matchups.
- When it comes to the total, the Mets and their foes are 4-5-1 in their previous 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Walker (7-9 with a 3.89 ERA and 123 strikeouts in 134 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Mets, his 25th of the season.
- His last time out came out of the bullpen on Tuesday when the righty tossed 4 2/3 innings against the Marlins, surrendering three earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- Walker’s team is 14-10 in his 24 starts.
- Walker’s starts went over the run total 12 times in 24 games with a set total this season.
- The Nationals have been the moneyline underdog 82 total times this season. They’ve finished 24-58 in those games.
- In the 133 games oddsmakers have set an over/under for Washington, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 61 times (61-69-3).
- The Nationals have the No. 18 offense in MLB action scoring 4.4 runs per game (594 total runs).
- Washington has a 1-8 record from the nine games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Nationals combined with their opponents to go over the run total seven times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gray makes the start for the Nationals, his eighth of the season. He is 0-2 with a 4.73 ERA and 46 strikeouts in 40 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Monday against the Phillies, the righty threw four innings, giving up six earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- Gray’s team has a 2-4 record in his starts this season.
- Gray’s starts went over the run total three times in six games with a set total this season.
Pick for Mets vs. Nationals
The Mets are favored to win over the Nationals based on our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!