New York Mets vs. Washington Nationals: Best Odds and Preview for September 4, 2021
Jonathan Villar leads the New York Mets (67-67) into a matchup against the Washington Nationals (55-78) after he collected four hits in a 6-2 win over the Nationals. The Mets are favored (-120) against the Nationals (+100) in this outing, which begins at 1:05 PM ET on Saturday.
New York’s Marcus Stroman and Washington’s Erick Fedde will take the mound first.
Best Odds for New York Mets vs Washington Nationals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the New York Mets and Washington Nationals.
- The Mets have been victorous in 47, or 60.3%, of the 78 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- New York and their opponents have hit the over in 54 of their 134 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Mets have scored the second-fewest runs in the league this season with just 507 (3.8 per game).
- New York has played as the favorite in eight of its past 10 games and has gone 6-2 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Mets and their opponents have combined to clear the total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Mets are sending Stroman (9-12) to the mound to make his 29th start of the season as he tries for his 10th win. He is 9-12 with a 2.85 ERA and 134 strikeouts in 151 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Tuesday against the Marlins, when he went a scoreless third of an inning while giving up only one hit.
- Stroman’s team has won 14 of his 28 starts.
- Stroman has started 28 games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 10 of them.
- The Nationals have been the moneyline underdog 81 total times this season. They’ve gone 24-57 in those games.
- Washington has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 60 times this season for a 60-69-3 record against the over/under.
- The Nationals have the No. 19 offense in baseball scoring 4.4 runs per game (585 total runs).
- Washington has a 2-7 record from the nine games it was moneyline underdogs over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings — all of which had a set run total — the Nationals and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Fedde (6-9) takes the mound first for the Nationals in his 23rd start of the season. He has a 5.08 ERA in 108 innings pitched, with 103 strikeouts.
- In his last outing on Sunday against the Mets, the right-hander went 5 1/3 innings, allowing five earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- Over Fedde’s 22 starts, his team is 11-11.
- Fedde has had 22 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to hit the over in 10 of those outings.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!