New York Mets vs. Washington Nationals: Best Odds and Preview for September 3, 2021
The Washington Nationals (55-77) take a five-game losing streak into a contest against the New York Mets (66-67) on Friday at 7:05 PM ET. The Mets are favored (-151) to give the underdog Nationals (+131) another loss.
New York has Rich Hill set to start, while Washington will send out Sean Nolin.
Best Odds for New York Mets vs Washington Nationals
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the New York Mets and Washington Nationals in which the Mets are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Mets vs Nationals Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||95%||5%|
|% of Stake||100%||0%|
- The Mets have been favorites in 77 games this season and have come away with the win 46 times (59.7%) in those contests.
- Contests with New York have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 54 of 133 chances this season.
- The Mets are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 29th with just 501 total runs (3.8 per game) this season.
- New York has been favored in seven of its past 10 games and won five of those matchups.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Mets and their opponents are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Hill (0-2 with a 4.83 ERA and 24 strikeouts in 31 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Mets, his seventh of the season.
- In his last time out on Friday against the Nationals, the lefty threw five innings, allowing two earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- Hill’s team has won two of his six starts.
- Hill has had six starts with a total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in one of those games.
- The Nationals have won 30% of the games this season they were the moneyline underdog (24-56).
- Washington has played in 131 games with over/under set, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 60 times (60-68-3).
- The Nationals have the No. 17 offense in MLB play scoring 4.4 runs per game (583 total runs).
- Washington was the moneyline underdog in nine of its last 10 games, and finished 2-7 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Nationals and their opponents combined to hit the over seven times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Nolin (0-2) gets the starting nod for the Nationals in his fourth start of the season. He’s put together a 6.57 ERA in 12 1/3 innings pitched, with 13 strikeouts.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Saturday against the Mets, when he threw 5 1/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up six hits.
- Nolin’s team has dropped all three of his starts this season.
- Nolin’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in two of three games.
Pick for Mets vs. Nationals
Our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites points to the Mets being favored to win over the Nationals.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.