New York Mets vs. St. Louis Cardinals: Best Odds and Preview for September 15, 2021
The St. Louis Cardinals (75-69) carry a four-game win streak into a home matchup against the New York Mets (72-74) on Wednesday at 7:10 PM ET. The Mets are favored (-152) to stop the underdog Cardinals’ (+131) streak.
Tylor Megill starts for New York while St. Louis will counter with Jon Lester.
Best Odds for New York Mets vs St. Louis Cardinals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the New York Mets and St. Louis Cardinals.
- The Mets have been chosen as favorites in 87 games this year and have walked away with the win 51 times (58.6%) in those games.
- Contests with New York have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 61 of 146 chances this season.
- The Mets have scored the fourth-fewest runs in the league this season with just 579 (four per game).
- New York has played as the favorite in seven of its past 10 games and has gone 3-4 in those contests.
- In their last 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Mets and their opponents are 6-4 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Megill (3-4) takes the mound first for the Mets in his 16th start of the season. He’s put together a 4.06 ERA in 77 2/3 innings pitched, with 88 strikeouts.
- The right-hander’s last time out came on Friday against the Yankees, when he threw seven innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- Megill’s team has a 9-6 record over his 15 starts.
- Megill’s starts hit the over on the run total six times in 15 games with a set total this season.
- The Cardinals have won 30 of the 69 games they were the underdog on the moneyline this season (43.5%).
- In the 144 games oddsmakers have set an over/under for St. Louis, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 65 times (65-72-7).
- The Cardinals have the No. 26 offense in baseball scoring 4.2 runs per game (598 total runs).
- St. Louis has a 5-4 record over the nine games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Cardinals and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Lester makes the start for the Cardinals, his 25th of the season. He is 5-6 with a 4.75 ERA and 72 strikeouts in 119 1/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance came on Saturday against the Reds, when the left-hander threw seven innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up three hits.
- Lester’s team has a 4-4 record in his starts this season.
- Lester’s starts hit the over on the run total four times in eight games with a set total this season.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!