New York Mets vs. St. Louis Cardinals: Best Odds and Preview for September 14, 2021
The St. Louis Cardinals (74-69) carry a three-game winning streak into a home matchup against the New York Mets (72-73) on Tuesday at 7:10 PM ET. The Mets are favored (-158) to break the underdog Cardinals’ (+138) streak.
New York’s Marcus Stroman and St. Louis’ Jake Woodford will take the mound first.
Best Odds for New York Mets vs St. Louis Cardinals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the New York Mets and St. Louis Cardinals in which the Mets are currently the pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Mets vs Cardinals Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||81%||19%|
|% of Stake||60%||40%|
- The Mets have been victorous in 51, or 59.3%, of the 86 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- New York and their opponents have hit the over in 60 of their 145 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Mets have scored 573 runs (just four per game) this season, which ranks 27th in MLB.
- New York has competed as the favorite in seven of its past 10 games and has gone 3-4 in those matchups.
- When it comes to the total, the Mets and their opponents are 5-4-1 in their previous 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Stroman (9-12) is going for his 10th victory when he takes the mound first for the Mets in his 31st start of the season. He has a 2.87 ERA in 163 innings pitched, with 143 strikeouts.
- The right-hander last pitched on Thursday against the Marlins, when he tossed 6 1/3 innings, allowing one earned run while giving up four hits.
- Stroman’s team has put together a 15-15 record in his 30 starts.
- Stroman’s starts hit the over on the run total 11 times in 30 games with a set total this season.
- The Cardinals have gone 29-39 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 42.6% of those games).
- St. Louis has played in 143 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 64 times (64-72-7).
- The Cardinals score the fifth-fewest runs in baseball (591 total, 4.1 per game).
- St. Louis has a 4-5 record across the nine games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Cardinals and their opponents combined to go over the run total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Woodford makes the start for the Cardinals, his fifth of the season. He is 2-3 with a 4.28 ERA and 40 strikeouts over 48 1/3 innings pitched.
- His last time out came on Thursday against the Dodgers, when the righty threw four innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up three hits.
- In Woodford’s four starts, his team is 2-2.
- Woodford has had four starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and two of those outings finished over the total.
Pick for Mets vs. Cardinals
Our in-depth games analysis combined with the bet split data provided by regulated betting sites points to the Mets being favored to win over the Cardinals.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!