New York Mets vs. Miami Marlins: Best Odds and Preview for September 30, 2021
Javier Baez brings a 13-game hitting streak into the New York Mets’ (75-83) matchup with the Miami Marlins (65-93). The Mets are favored (-205) in this matchup with the Marlins (+175), which starts at 7:10 PM ET on Thursday at Citi Field.
New York’s Tylor Megill starts against Miami’s Edward Cabrera.
Best Odds for New York Mets vs Miami Marlins
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the New York Mets and Miami Marlins.
- The Mets have won in 54, or 58.7%, of the 92 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- New York’s games have gone over the total in 66 of their 158 opportunities.
- The Mets are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 27th with just 615 total runs (3.9 per game) this season.
- In four games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, New York has a record of 3-1.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Mets and their foes are 4-6 in their last 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Megill makes the start for the Mets, his 18th of the season. He is 3-6 with a 4.78 ERA and 93 strikeouts in 84 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s last appearance came on Saturday against the Brewers, when he went four innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Megill’s team has a 9-8 record in his 17 starts.
- Megill has started 17 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in seven of them.
- The Marlins have gone 37-70 in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 34.6% of those games).
- Miami has played in 158 games with an over/under set, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 70 times (70-77-11).
- The Marlins are the third-lowest scoring team in MLB play averaging 3.9 runs per game (612 total).
- Miami went 2-5 across the seven games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Marlins and their opponents combined to hit the over five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Cabrera (0-3) gets the starting nod for the Marlins in his seventh start of the season. He’s put together a 5.79 ERA in 23 1/3 innings pitched, with 22 strikeouts.
- The right-hander’s most recent time out came on Friday against the Rays, when he threw three innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up two hits.
- Cabrera’s team has compiled a 1-5 record over his six starts.
- Cabrera’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in two of six contests.
|Bryan De La Cruz||52||.296||.353||.435||5||19||55|
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.