New York Mets vs. Miami Marlins: Best Odds and Preview for September 29, 2021
Francisco Lindor has 99 hits this season, and will try to collect his 100th when his New York Mets (75-82) take on the Miami Marlins (64-93) on Wednesday at 7:10 PM ET. The Mets are favored (-172) over the Marlins (+148).
Taijuan Walker starts for New York while Miami will counter with Elieser Hernandez.
Best Odds for New York Mets vs Miami Marlins
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the New York Mets and Miami Marlins.
- The Mets have won in 54, or 59.3%, of the 91 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- New York and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 66 of their 157 opportunities.
- The Mets have scored the fourth-fewest runs in the league this season with just 613 (3.9 per game).
- New York has been the favorite in three of their last 10 contests and won each of those games.
- When it comes to the total, the Mets and their opponents are 4-6 in their last 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Walker (7-11 with a 4.57 ERA and 141 strikeouts in 151 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Mets, his 29th of the season.
- In his last time out on Wednesday, the righty tossed two innings against the Red Sox, giving up six earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Walker’s team is 15-13 in his 28 starts.
- Walker has had 28 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in 15 of those outings.
- The Marlins have won 34% of the games this season they were the underdog on the moneyline (36-70).
- Miami has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 157 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 70 of those games (70-76-11).
- The Marlins have the No. 28 offense in MLB action scoring 3.9 runs per game (609 total runs).
- Miami went 1-5 over the six games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Marlins and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Marlins are sending Hernandez (1-3) to the mound to make his 11th start of the season. He is 1-3 with a 4.24 ERA and 47 strikeouts through 46 2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out came on Wednesday against the Nationals, when the right-hander tossed four innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- Hernandez’s team is 4-6 over his 10 starts.
- Hernandez has started 10 games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in six of them.
|Bryan De La Cruz||51||.302||.360||.445||5||19||55|
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!