New York Knicks vs. Houston Rockets Betting Odds & Game Analysis | December 16
The New York Knicks (12-16) are favored, by 4.5 points, versus the Houston Rockets (9-19) on December 16, 2021 at Toyota Center — despite the Knicks sputtering right now, having lost four in a row and going 2-8 in their past 10 games.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NBA matchup between the New York Knicks and Houston Rockets.
Knicks stats and betting info
Betting trends for New York
- New York has gone 11-17-0 ATS this season.
- The Knicks have a 2-6 record against the spread when favored by 4.5 points or more this season.
- New York has gone over in 12 of its 28 games with a set total (42.9%).
- The Knicks have gone 9-7 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 56.2% of those games).
- When it has played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -190 or shorter, New York has gone 4-4 (50%).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Knicks have an implied win probability of 65.5%.
Key players for New York
- Julius Randle: 19.5 PTS, 9.9 REB, 5.2 AST, 42.8 FG%, 34.2 3PT% (51-for-149)
- RJ Barrett: 15.1 PTS, 40.2 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (47-for-133)
- Derrick Rose: 12.4 PTS, 44.9 FG%, 40.7 3PT% (37-for-91)
- Alec Burks: 11.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 39.6 FG%, 39.8 3PT% (53-for-133)
- Evan Fournier: 12.0 PTS, 40.4 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (67-for-182)
Knicks Injuries: Obi Toppin: Out (Health and Safety Protocols), RJ Barrett: Out (Health and safety protocols), Quentin Grimes: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Rockets stats and betting info
Betting trends for Houston
- New York has an 11-17-0 record against the spread this season.
- When they have played as at least 4.5-point favorites this season, the Knicks are 2-6 against the spread.
- The teams have hit the over in 12 of New York’s 28 games with a set total.
- This season, the Rockets have won six out of the 24 games, or 25%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Houston has a record of 3-17, a 15% win rate, when they’re set as an underdog of +155 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The Rockets have a 39.2% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
Key players for Houston
- Christian Wood: 16.5 PTS, 11.1 REB, 45.8 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (44-for-128)
- Jae’Sean Tate: 12.0 PTS, 48.7 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (23-for-74)
- Alperen Sengun: 9.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 50.0 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (10-for-32)
- Eric Gordon: 15.1 PTS, 48.4 FG%, 44.8 3PT% (56-for-125)
- Kenyon Martin Jr.: 7.3 PTS, 53.7 FG%, 29.3 3PT% (12-for-41)
Rockets Injuries: Christian Wood: Out (Knee), Jalen Green: Out (Hamstring), Eric Gordon: Out (Groin), Danuel House Jr.: Out (Ankle), Kevin Porter Jr.: Out (Thigh)
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you actionable insights so you can use them while betting NBA same day parlay. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign-up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!