New York Jets vs. Houston Texans Betting Odds & Game Analysis | NFL Week 12 Predictions
The New York Jets (2-8) will be trying to end a three-game losing streak against the Houston Texans (2-8). The Texans are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -3). The game has an over/under of 44 points.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Texans Vs. Jets Spread Betting Action
Houston stats and betting info
Betting trends for Houston
- Houston is 5-5-0 ATS this season.
- Houston has hit the over in four of its 10 games with a set total (40%).
|Pass yards||212.0 (2120)||30|
|Rush yards||76.5 (765)||32|
|Points scored||15.0 (150)||32|
|Pass yards against||269.7 (2697)||24|
|Rush yards against||133.5 (1335)||30|
|Points allowed||27.1 (271)||29|
Key players for Houston
- Davis Mills has thrown for 1,357 yards (135.7 ypg) to lead Houston, completing 67% of his passes and recording seven touchdown passes compared to eight interceptions this season.
- David Johnson has carried the ball 46 times for a team-high 137 yards on the ground. He’s also tacked on 26 catches for 198 yards (19.8 per game) and one touchdown via the passing game.
- Phillip Lindsay has been handed the ball 50 times this year and racked up 130 yards (13.0 per game) with one touchdown.
- Brandin Cooks’ leads his squad with 659 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 59 receptions (out of 87 targets) and scored two touchdowns.
- Chris Conley has hauled in 14 receptions totaling 233 yards, finding the end zone one time as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Nico Collins has been the target of 24 passes and hauled in 16 grabs for 200 yards, an average of 20.0 yards per contest..
Texans: Josh McCown: Out (Illness), Cullen Gillaspia: Out (Back), Bryan Anger: Questionable (Right Quadricep), Kenny Stills: Out (Quadricep)
New York stats and betting info
Betting trends for New York
- New York has covered the spread just twice in 10 opportunities this year.
- In games they have played as at least 3-point underdogs this year, the Jets are 2-8 against the spread.
- New York games have hit the over in six out of 10 opportunities (60%).
|Pass yards||279.3 (2793)||8|
|Rush yards||78.9 (789)||29|
|Points scored||17.8 (178)||27|
|Pass yards against||296.7 (2967)||31|
|Rush yards against||132.0 (1320)||28|
|Points allowed||32.0 (320)||32|
Key players for New York
- Zach Wilson has put up 1,168 passing yards, or 116.8 per game, so far this season. He has completed 57.5% of his passes and has collected four touchdowns with nine interceptions.
- Michael Carter has been handed the ball 111 times for a team-high 430 yards (43.0 per game) with four touchdowns. He also leads the team through the air, as his 32 receptions this season are good for 308 yards .
- Ty Johnson has racked up 144 yards on 42 carries with one touchdown, while also catching 25 passes for 271 yards and two scores.
- Corey Davis’ 477 receiving yards (47.7 yards per game) are a team high. He has 32 receptions on 56 targets with four touchdowns.
- Elijah Moore has put together a 415-yard season so far with four touchdowns. He’s caught 33 passes on 57 targets.
New York injuries
Jets: Alex Lewis: Questionable (Not Injury Related), Chuma Edoga: Doubtful (Ankle), George Fant: Doubtful (Knee), Patrick Onwuasor: Out (Hamstring), Blake Cashman: Questionable (Hamstrings)
Pick for Texans vs. Jets
The Texans are favored to cover the spread against the Jets based on our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best NFL odds across legal sportsbooks.
Looking for other NFL games? Check out all NFL Week 12 odds and pick a game to bet on.