New Orleans Saints vs. Washington Football Team: Best Odds and Preview for Week 5
The New Orleans Saints (2-2) are considered favorites (-1.5) according to the oddsmakers ahead of their game versus the Washington Football Team (2-2) on October 10, 2021, starting at 1:00 PM ET. The total for this one is set at 44.5 points.
Best odds for Saints vs. Washington
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the New Orleans Saints and Washington Football Team in which the Football Team are currently the pick to cover the spread at sportsbooks based on money wagered, yet the Saints have picked up a majority of the total number of tickets wagered.
Saints Vs. Washington Spread Betting Action
New Orleans stats and betting info
Betting trends for New Orleans
- New Orleans is 2-2-0 against the spread this season.
- The Saints are winless against the spread (0-2) when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites.
- New Orleans has hit the over in one of four games with a set total (25%).
|Pass yards||156.3 (625)||31|
|Rush yards||132.8 (531)||7|
|Points scored||23.5 (94)||15|
|Pass yards against||294.5 (1178)||25|
|Rush yards against||66.0 (264)||2|
|Points allowed||17.3 (69)||5|
Key players for New Orleans
- Jameis Winston has 613 pass yards for New Orleans, completing 64% of his passes and recording eight touchdowns and two interceptions this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 60 rushing yards (15.0 ypg) on 14 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Alvin Kamara has racked up 297 yards on 78 carries. He’s also caught 10 passes for 62 yards (15.5 per game) and two touchdowns through the air.
- This season, Tony Jones Jr. has carried the ball 19 times for 77 yards (19.3 per game).
- Deonte Harris has hauled in 11 catches for 164 yards (41.0 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone one time as a receiver.
- Marquez Callaway has caught nine passes while averaging 34.3 yards per game and scoring one touchdown.
- Juwan Johnson’s six grabs have turned into 64 yards and three touchdowns.
New Orleans injuries
Saints: Andrus Peat: Questionable (Ankle), Jackrabbit Jenkins: Out (Shoulder), Marcus Davenport: Questionable (Toe), Justin Hardee: Out (Hamstring), Marshon Lattimore: Questionable (Hamstring), Michael Thomas: Questionable (Ankle), Deonte Harris: Out (Hamstring), Jared Cook: Questionable (Groin), Sheldon Rankins: Questionable (Thumb)
Washington stats and betting info
Betting trends for Washington
- Washington is 1-3-0 against the spread this year.
- The Football Team have not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 1.5 points or more this year (0-1).
- Washington games have gone over the point total in three out of four opportunities (75%).
|Pass yards||243.3 (973)||23|
|Rush yards||103.3 (413)||18|
|Points scored||25.3 (101)||10|
|Pass yards against||307.0 (1228)||27|
|Rush yards against||118.5 (474)||17|
|Points allowed||30.5 (122)||30|
Key players for Washington
- Taylor Heinicke has been a dual threat to lead Washington in both passing and rushing. He has 960 passing yards (240.0 per game) while completing 69.5% of his passes. He’s tossed eight touchdown passes and three interceptions this season. On the ground, he’s compiled 87 yards (21.8 ypg) on 20 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Antonio Gibson is his team’s leading rusher with 59 carries for 253 yards, or 63.3 per game. He’s found the end zone one time on the ground, as well. Gibson has also chipped in with eight catches for 107 yards and one receiving touchdown.
- Terry McLaurin paces his team with 354 receiving yards on 25 receptions with three touchdowns.
- J.D. McKissic has put together a 142-yard season so far with one touchdown. He’s caught 12 passes on 14 targets.
- Logan Thomas has racked up 117 reciving yards (29.3 ypg) and two touchdowns this season.
Washington: Chase Young: Questionable (Groin), Wes Schweitzer: Questionable (Elbow), Cole Holcomb: Questionable (Knee), Marcus Baugh: Out (Not Injury Related), Chase Roullier: Questionable (Knee), Greg Stroman: Out (Foot)
Pick for Saints vs. Football Team
Betting split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis points to the Football Team being favored to cover the spread against the Saints.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more NFL insights and betting odds check all of our NFL content here.