New Orleans Saints vs. New York Jets Betting Odds & Game Analysis | NFL Week 14 Predictions
The New Orleans Saints (5-7) are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -5.5) over the New York Jets (3-9), despite the Saints having lost five games straight. The predicted point total for the game is 43.5.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the New Orleans Saints and New York Jets in which the Saints are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Saints Vs. Jets Spread Betting Action
New Orleans stats and betting info
Betting trends for New Orleans
- So far this season, New Orleans has compiled a 5-7-0 record against the spread.
- The Saints are 0-3 against the spread when favored by 5.5 points or more this season.
- The teams have hit the over in six of New Orleans’ 12 games with a set total.
|Pass yards||214.4 (2573)||27|
|Rush yards||114.7 (1376)||14|
|Points scored||22.8 (274)||17|
|Pass yards against||264.1 (3169)||22|
|Rush yards against||96.4 (1157)||5|
|Points allowed||23.0 (276)||19|
Key players for New Orleans
- Trevor Siemian has recorded 1,083 yards (90.3 ypg) on 99-of-173 passing with nine touchdowns compared to three interceptions this season.
- Alvin Kamara has compiled 530 rushing yards on 146 carries, scoring three touchdowns. He’s also added 310 yards (25.8 per game) on 32 catches with four touchdowns.
- Mark Ingram II has been handed the ball 147 times this year and racked up 527 yards (40.5 per game) with two touchdowns.
- Marquez Callaway’s leads his squad with 409 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 28 receptions (out of 55 targets) and scored six touchdowns.
- Tre’Quan Smith has a total of 251 receiving yards so far this year, grabbing 22 passes and scoring two touchdowns.
New Orleans injuries
Saints: Deonte Harris: Questionable (Neck), Patrick Robinson: Out (Hamstring), Malcom Brown: Out (Shoulder)
New York stats and betting info
Betting trends for New York
- New York’s ATS record is 3-9-0 this year.
- The Jets are 2-5 against the spread when an underdog by 5.5 points or more this year.
- Out of New York’s 12 games with a set total, seven have hit the over (58.3%).
|Pass yards||263.7 (3164)||10|
|Rush yards||84.7 (1016)||30|
|Points scored||18.1 (217)||26|
|Pass yards against||280.6 (3367)||30|
|Rush yards against||133.4 (1601)||30|
|Points allowed||30.6 (367)||32|
Key players for New York
- Zach Wilson has 1,539 passing yards, or 128.3 per game, so far this season. He has completed 58% of his passes and has recorded six touchdowns with 11 interceptions.
- The team’s top rusher, Tevin Coleman, has carried the ball 57 times for 243 yards (20.3 per game).
- Ty Johnson leads his squad with 285 receiving yards (23.8 per game) on 27 catches and two touchdowns while piling up 187 rushing yards on 49 attempts with one touchdown.
- Elijah Moore paces his squad with 538 receiving yards on 43 receptions with five touchdowns.
- Jamison Crowder has put up a 372-yard season so far with two touchdowns. He’s caught 42 passes on 57 targets.
New York injuries
Jets: Jamison Crowder: Questionable (Calf), Pat Elflein: Questionable (Shoulder), Ashtyn Davis: Out (Foot), Frank Gore: Questionable (Concussion), Greg Van Roten: Out (Toe), Jordan Jenkins: Out (Shoulder), Denzel Mims: Out (Not Injury Related), Bennett Jackson: Out (Hamstring)
Pick for Saints vs. Jets
Betting split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis favors the Saints to cover the spread against the Jets.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best NFL odds across legal sportsbooks.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!
Yankees vs. Rays Player Props | Gleyber Torres | Tuesday
The Tampa Bay Rays visit the New York Yankees at Yankee Stadium, taking the field at 7:05pm ET on Tuesday August 16th. The Tampa Bay Rays are 1-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 7 runs…
White Sox vs. Astros Player Props | Andrew Vaughn | Tuesday
The Houston Astros visit the Chicago White Sox at Guaranteed Rate Field, taking the field at 8:10pm ET on Tuesday August 16th. The Chicago White Sox are 1-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 7 runs…
Washington Nationals vs Chicago Cubs Betting Odds & Game Analysis | August 16
The Chicago Cubs visit the Washington Nationals at Nationals Park, taking the field at 7:05pm ET on Tuesday August 16th, 7:05pm ET. The Washington Nationals are 1.5-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 8.5 runs…
Twins vs. Royals Player Props | Luis Arraez | Tuesday
The Kansas City Royals visit the Minnesota Twins at Target Field, taking the field at 7:40pm ET on Tuesday August 16th. The Kansas City Royals are 1.5-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 8 runs…