New Orleans Saints vs. Carolina Panthers: Best Odds and Preview for Week 2
In a battle of two division rivals, the New Orleans Saints (1-0) will face off against the Carolina Panthers (1-0). The Saints are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -3.5). The over/under for this one is set at 44 points.
Best odds for Saints vs. Panthers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the New Orleans Saints and Carolina Panthers in which the Saints are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Saints Vs. Panthers Spread Betting Action
New Orleans stats and betting info
Betting trends for New Orleans
- New Orleans put together a 9-7-0 ATS record last year.
- The Saints covered the spread seven times last season (7-6 ATS) when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- New Orleans’ games hit the over 10 out of 16 times last season.
|Pass yards||246.6 (3945)||20|
|Rush yards||141.6 (2265)||6|
|Points scored||30.1 (482)||5|
|Pass yards against||234.9 (3759)||7|
|Rush yards against||93.9 (1502)||4|
|Points allowed||21.1 (337)||5|
Key players for New Orleans
- Last season, Taysom Hill recorded 928 passing yards (58.0 yards per game), a 72.7% completion percentage (88-of-121), four touchdowns, and only two interceptions. He also added 457 rushing yards on 87 carries with eight rushing touchdowns (averaging 28.6 yards per game).
- Last year, Alvin Kamara took 187 carries for 932 rushing yards (62.1 yards per game) and scored 16 touchdowns. When it comes to receiving, he also caught 83 passes for 756 yards (50.4 yards per game) and collected five touchdowns.
- Tre’Quan Smith produced last year by catching 34 passes for 448 yards and four touchdowns. He collected 32.0 receiving yards per game and was targeted 50 times.
- Last season Marquez Callaway hauled in 21 passes on 27 targets for 213 yards, averaging 16.4 receiving yards per game.
New Orleans injuries
Saints: Michael Thomas: Out (Ankle), Chase Hansen: Out (Hip), Marcus Davenport: Out (Elbow)
Carolina stats and betting info
Betting trends for Carolina
- Carolina won nine games against the spread last year, while failing to cover seven times.
- The Panthers were 4-3 ATS last season when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Carolina’s games hit the over seven out of 16 times last season.
|Pass yards||258.1 (4129)||16|
|Rush yards||106.5 (1704)||21|
|Points scored||21.9 (350)||24|
|Pass yards against||251.5 (4024)||16|
|Rush yards against||121.0 (1936)||20|
|Points allowed||25.1 (402)||18|
Key players for Carolina
- Sam Darnold completed 59.6% of his passes to throw for 2,208 and nine touchdowns last season. Darnold also contributed on the ground, tallying two touchdowns on 13.6 yards per game.
- Christian McCaffrey racked up five rushing touchdowns on 22.5 yards per game last season.
- D.J. Moore averaged 79.5 receiving yards and grabbed four receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2020 season.
- Robby Anderson caught 95 passes last season on his way to 1,096 yards and three receiving touchdowns.
- Dan Arnold averaged 27.4 receiving yards per game on 2.8 targets per game a season ago.
Panthers: Dennis Daley: Out (Ankle), Kawann Short: Out (Foot), Yetur Gross-Matos: Out (Concussion)
Pick for Saints vs. Panthers
Our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites points to the Saints being favored to cover the spread against the Panthers.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!