New England Patriots vs. New York Jets: Best Odds and Preview for Week 2
In a matchup of two division rivals, the New England Patriots (0-1) will play the New York Jets (0-1). The Patriots are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -5.5). An over/under of 43 points has been set for the matchup.
Best odds for Patriots vs. Jets
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the New England Patriots and New York Jets in which the Patriots are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Patriots Vs. Jets Spread Betting Action
New England stats and betting info
Betting trends for New England
- New England went 7-9-0 ATS last season.
- The Patriots covered the spread twice when favored by 5.5 points or more last season (in four opportunities).
- New England’s games hit the over five out of 16 times last season.
|Pass yards||195.3 (3124)||30|
|Rush yards||146.6 (2346)||4|
|Points scored||20.4 (326)||27|
|Pass yards against||232.6 (3722)||6|
|Rush yards against||131.4 (2103)||26|
|Points allowed||22.1 (353)||7|
Key players for New England
- Last year, Damien Harris churned out 691 rushing yards (57.6 yards per game) and two touchdowns.
- James White put up 121 rushing yards on 35 carries (7.6 yards per game) and two touchdowns last season. White also put his name on the receiving stat lines with 49 catches for 375 yards (23.4 per game) and one touchdown.
- In the previous season, Nelson Agholor grabbed 48 passes (on 82 targets) for 896 yards (56.0 yards per game). He also found the end zone for eight touchdowns.
- Jakobi Meyers tacked on 729 yards on 59 grabs. He was targeted 81 times and averaged 45.6 receiving yards per game last year.
- Kendrick Bourne’s stat line last year looked like this: a total of 667 yards, 49 catches, two touchdowns, and 44.5 yards per game (on 74 targets).
New England injuries
Patriots: N’Keal Harry: Questionable (Shoulder), Matthew Slater: Questionable (Knee), Julian Edelman: Questionable (Knee), Brandon Copeland: Questionable (Knee), Dalton Keene: Questionable (Neck), Josh Uche: Out (Ankle), Adam Butler: Questionable (Shoulder)
New York stats and betting info
Betting trends for New York
- New York put together a 6-10-0 record against the spread last season.
- The Jets had an ATS record of 6-8 when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs last year.
- Last year, seven of New York’s games went over the point total.
|Pass yards||194.7 (3115)||31|
|Rush yards||105.2 (1683)||23|
|Points scored||15.2 (243)||32|
|Pass yards against||287.2 (4595)||29|
|Rush yards against||112.0 (1792)||12|
|Points allowed||28.6 (457)||26|
Key players for New York
- Ty Johnson compiled 254 rushing yards and one touchdown on the ground during last year’s campaign.
- Lamical Perine rushed for 232 yards and two touchdowns last season.
- Corey Davis averaged 70.3 receiving yards and racked up five receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2020 season.
- Keelan Cole averaged 40.1 receiving yards on 5.5 targets per game in 2020, scoring five touchdowns.
- Braxton Berrios played his way to three receiving touchdowns and 394 receiving yards (24.6 ypg) last season.
New York injuries
Jets: Avery Williamson: Questionable (Hamstring), Joe Flacco: Out (Neck), Jamison Crowder: Out (Hamstring), La’Mical Perine: Questionable (Ankle), Tarell Basham: Questionable (Hip)
Pick for Patriots vs. Jets
The Patriots are favored to cover the spread against the Jets based on our in-depth games analysis combined with the bet split data provided by regulated betting sites.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more NFL insights and betting odds check all of our NFL content here.