New England Patriots vs. Miami Dolphins: Best Odds and Preview for Week 1
The New England Patriots (0-0) are the favorites — expected to win by at least a field goal, but less than a touchdown (currently -3) — against the Miami Dolphins (0-0) in a battle of two division rivals. The game has an over/under of 43.5 points.
Best odds for Patriots vs. Dolphins
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Patriots Vs. Dolphins Spread Betting Action
New England stats and betting info
Betting trends for New England
- New England won seven games against the spread last season, while failing to cover nine times.
- The Patriots were 3-3 ATS last season when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
- New England and its opponents combined to hit the over five out of 16 times last season.
|Pass yards||195.3 (3124)||30|
|Rush yards||146.6 (2346)||4|
|Points scored||20.4 (326)||27|
|Pass yards against||232.6 (3722)||6|
|Rush yards against||131.4 (2103)||26|
|Points allowed||22.1 (353)||7|
Key players for New England
- Last year, Damien Harris went to work rushing for 691 yards on 137 carries (57.6 yards per game) and scored two touchdowns.
- James White ran for 121 yards on 35 carries (7.6 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns last year. White also made his name known on the passing side of the game with 49 receptions for 375 yards (23.4 ypg) and one touchdown.
- In the previous season, Nelson Agholor reeled in 48 catches for 896 yards (56 ypg) while he was targeted 82 times. He also scored eight touchdowns.
- Jakobi Meyers amassed 729 yards on 59 grabs. He was targeted 81 times and averaged 45.6 receiving yards per game last year.
- Last season Kendrick Bourne grabbed 49 passes on 74 targets for 667 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 44.5 receiving yards per game.
New England injuries
Patriots: Gunner Olszewski: Out (Foot), N’Keal Harry: Questionable (Shoulder), Cassh Maluia: Questionable (Knee), Chase Winovich: Questionable (Shoulder), Yodny Cajuste: Out (Knee), Dalton Keene: Questionable (Neck), Jonathan Jones: Questionable (Foot)
Miami stats and betting info
Betting trends for Miami
- Miami put together an 11-5-0 record against the spread last season.
- When playing as at least 3-point underdogs last season, the Dolphins had an ATS record of 5-2.
- Last season, seven of Miami’s games hit the over.
|Pass yards||246.1 (3937)||21|
|Rush yards||105.5 (1688)||22|
|Points scored||25.3 (404)||15|
|Pass yards against||273.3 (4373)||27|
|Rush yards against||116.4 (1862)||16|
|Points allowed||21.1 (338)||5|
Key players for Miami
- Tua Tagovailoa completed 64.1% of his passes to throw for 1,814 yards and 11 touchdowns last season.
- Myles Gaskin racked up three rushing touchdowns on 58.4 yards per game last season. Gaskin was also productive in the passing game, accumulating 41 catches and two touchdowns over the course of the year.
- Malcolm Brown rushed for 419 yards and five touchdowns last season.
- Will Fuller V averaged 79.9 yards on 4.8 receptions per game and racked up eight receiving touchdowns in 2020.
- DeVante Parker hauled in four touchdowns and had 793 receiving yards (49.6 ypg) in 2020.
- Mike Gesicki averaged 43.9 receiving yards per game on 5.3 targets per game a season ago.
Dolphins: Clayton Fejedelem: Doubtful (Pectoral)
Pick for Patriots vs. Dolphins
Our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites points to the Patriots being favored to cover the spread against the Dolphins.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!