New England Patriots vs. Houston Texans: Best Odds and Preview for Week 5
Having dropped two in a row, the Houston Texans (1-3) will take on the New England Patriots (1-3). The Patriots are solid favorites, expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -9.5). The expected point total for the matchup is set at 40.
Best odds for Patriots vs. Texans
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the New England Patriots and Houston Texans in which the Texans are currently the pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Patriots Vs. Texans Spread Betting Action
New England stats and betting info
Betting trends for New England
- New England is 2-2-0 against the spread this season.
- New England’s four games with a set total this season have all finished under the over/under.
|Pass yards||264.3 (1057)||17|
|Rush yards||68.5 (274)||31|
|Points scored||17.8 (71)||26|
|Pass yards against||202.3 (809)||3|
|Rush yards against||121.8 (487)||20|
|Points allowed||17.5 (70)||6|
Key players for New England
- Mac Jones has 1,012 yards passing for New England, completing 70% of his passes and throwing four touchdowns and four interceptions this season.
- Damien Harris has racked up 172 yards on 49 carries while finding paydirt one time.
- James White has been handed the ball 10 times this year and racked up 38 yards (9.5 per game) with one touchdown. He’s also contributed in the passing game with 12 grabs for 94 yards.
- Jakobi Meyers has hauled in 27 catches for 246 yards (61.5 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. .
- Kendrick Bourne has put up a 181-yard season so far with one touchdown, hauling in 14 passes on 19 targets.
- Nelson Agholor has a total of 165 receiving yards so far this year, grabbing 13 passes and scoring one touchdown.
New England injuries
Patriots: No Injuries Listed
Houston stats and betting info
Betting trends for Houston
- Houston is 2-2-0 against the spread this year.
- The Texans have a 1-1 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 9.5 points or more this season.
- Houston has hit the over in two of four games with a set total (50%).
|Pass yards||193.3 (773)||30|
|Rush yards||83.0 (332)||27|
|Points scored||16.8 (67)||27|
|Pass yards against||276.3 (1105)||21|
|Rush yards against||137.0 (548)||28|
|Points allowed||29.0 (116)||28|
Key players for Houston
- Davis Mills has compiled 357 yards (89.3 ypg) while completing 56.7% of his passes and collecting two touchdown passes with five interceptions this season.
- Mark Ingram II is his team’s leading rusher with 52 carries for 171 yards, or 42.8 per game. He’s found paydirt one time on the ground, as well.
- David Johnson is a key figure in this offense, with 67 rushing yards on 16 carries and a team-high 67 receiving yards (16.8 per game) on eight catches with one touchdown
- Brandin Cooks has totaled 28 catches this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 369 (92.3 yards per game). He’s been targeted 39 times and has and one touchdown.
- Pharaoh Brown has caught five passes and compiled 73 receiving yards (18.3 per game).
Texans: No Injuries Listed
Pick for Patriots vs. Texans
An in-depth games analysis combined with the bet split data provided by regulated betting sites favors the Texans to cover the spread against the Patriots.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.