Minnesota Vikings vs. Detroit Lions: Best Odds and Preview for Week 5
The Detroit Lions (0-4) will be trying to snap a four-game losing streak against the Minnesota Vikings (1-3). The Vikings are solid favorites, expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -7.5). The predicted point total for the matchup is 49.5.
Best odds for Vikings vs. Lions
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Minnesota Vikings and Detroit Lions in which the Vikings are currently the pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Vikings Vs. Lions Spread Betting Action
Minnesota stats and betting info
Betting trends for Minnesota
- Minnesota is 2-2-0 against the spread this season.
- In Minnesota’s four games with a set total, two have hit the over (50%).
|Pass yards||283.0 (1132)||10|
|Rush yards||112.3 (449)||13|
|Points scored||23.5 (94)||15|
|Pass yards against||278.5 (1114)||22|
|Rush yards against||135.5 (542)||25|
|Points allowed||23.0 (92)||11|
Key players for Minnesota
- Kirk Cousins has thrown for 1,121 yards (280.3 ypg) to lead Minnesota, completing 68.8% of his passes and collecting nine touchdown passes compared to one interception this season.
- Dalvin Cook has racked up 226 yards on 51 carries while finding paydirt one time as a runner. He’s also caught 10 passes for 70 yards (17.5 per game).
- This season, Alexander Mattison has carried the ball 40 times for 145 yards (36.3 per game), while also racking up 80 yards through the air.
- Justin Jefferson’s team-leading 338 yards as a receiver have come on 26 catches (out of 37 targets) with three touchdowns.
- Adam Thielen has caught 24 passes for 227 yards (56.8 yards per game) and four touchdowns this year.
- K.J. Osborn has been the target of 24 passes and racked up 17 receptions for 219 yards, an average of 54.8 yards per contest. He’s found the end zone one time through the air this season.
Vikings: K.J. Osborn: Out (Hamstring), Kris Boyd: Questionable (Hamstring), Holton Hill: Questionable (Foot)
Detroit stats and betting info
Betting trends for Detroit
- Detroit is 2-2-0 against the spread this year.
- When they have played as at least 7.5-point underdogs this season, the Lions are 2-1 against the spread.
- Out of Detroit’s four games with a set total, two have hit the over (50%).
|Pass yards||275.0 (1100)||11|
|Rush yards||101.8 (407)||19|
|Points scored||20.3 (81)||23|
|Pass yards against||267.5 (1070)||15|
|Rush yards against||132.8 (531)||24|
|Points allowed||29.8 (119)||29|
Key players for Detroit
- Jared Goff has racked up 1,100 yards (275.0 yards per game) while completing 68.3% of his passes and collecting seven touchdown passes with two interceptions this season. He’s also run for 72 yards .
- Jamaal Williams has run for 187 yards on 42 carries so far this year while scoring two times on the ground. He’s also tacked on 13 catches, totaling 93 yards.
- D’Andre Swift has 23 receptions for 199 yards (49.8 per game) and one touchdown so far while also carrying the ball 41 times for 139 yards and one score.
- T.J. Hockenson’s 215 receiving yards (53.8 yards per game) are best on his team. He has 22 catches on 30 targets with two touchdowns.
- Kalif Raymond has racked up 182 reciving yards (45.5 ypg) and two touchdowns this season.
Lions: No Injuries Listed
Pick for Vikings vs. Lions
The Vikings are favored to cover the spread against the Lions based on our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more NFL insights and betting odds check all of our NFL content here.