Minnesota Twins vs. Kansas City Royals: Best Odds and Preview for September 12, 2021
Jorge Polanco leads the Minnesota Twins (63-79) into a contest against the Kansas City Royals (64-78) a game after he homered twice in a 9-2 win over the Royals. The Twins are moneyline favorites (-166) against the Royals (+144) in this outing, which starts at 2:10 PM ET on Sunday.
Minnesota has Bailey Ober starting things off, and Kansas City will send out Kris Bubic.
Best Odds for Minnesota Twins vs Kansas City Royals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Minnesota Twins and Kansas City Royals in which the Twins are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Twins vs Royals Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||96%||4%|
|% of Stake||94%||6%|
- The Twins have been victorous in 35, or 46.7%, of the 75 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Contests with Minnesota have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 79 of 141 chances this season.
- The Twins rank 16th in the league with 631 total runs scored this season.
- In four games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Minnesota has a record of 2-2.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Twins and their opponents have combined to clear the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Ober (2-2 with a 4.00 ERA and 81 strikeouts in 78 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Twins, his 18th of the season.
- In his last outing on Monday against the Indians, the righty tossed four innings, allowing two earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Ober’s team is 11-6 in his 17 starts.
- Ober’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in nine of 17 games.
- The Royals have been the underdog on the moneyline 99 total times this season. They’ve finished 43-56 in those games.
- Kansas City has combined with opponents to go over the total 61 times this season for a 61-72-9 record against the over/under.
- The Royals are the 23rd-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.2 runs per game (594 total).
- Kansas City went 4-2 across the six games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Royals and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Bubic (4-6) gets the starting nod for the Royals in his 17th start of the season. He has a 5.07 ERA in 104 2/3 innings pitched, with 95 strikeouts.
- In his most recent time out on Monday against the Orioles, the left-hander tossed 5 1/3 innings, giving up two earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- In Bubic’s 16 starts, his team is 11-5.
- Bubic has had 16 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to hit the over in eight of those matchups.
Pick for Twins vs. Royals
An in-depth games analysis paired with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites favors the Twins to win over the Royals.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!