Minnesota Twins vs. Kansas City Royals: Best Odds and Preview for September 11, 2021
Josh Donaldson will look for his 100th hit of the season (he has 97) when the Minnesota Twins (62-79) take on the Kansas City Royals (64-77) on Saturday at 7:10 PM ET. The Twins are favored (-134) over the Royals (+114).
Michael Pineda starts for Minnesota, and Brady Singer is Kansas City’s choice to start.
Best Odds for Minnesota Twins vs Kansas City Royals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Minnesota Twins and Kansas City Royals in which the Twins are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Twins vs Royals Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||78%||22%|
|% of Stake||80%||20%|
- The Twins have been chosen as favorites in 74 games this year and have walked away with the win 34 times (45.9%) in those games.
- Minnesota and their opponents have hit the over in 78 of their 140 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Twins have scored 631 runs (4.5 per game) this season, which ranks 15th in MLB.
- Minnesota has played as the favorite in four of its past 10 games and has gone 1-3 in those contests.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Twins and their opponents are 3-7 in their last 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Pineda gets the start for the Twins, his 18th of the season. He is 5-8 with a 3.99 ERA and 76 strikeouts in 88 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last appeared in relief on Monday, when he tossed three scoreless innings against the Indians while giving up two hits.
- Pineda’s team has a 6-11 record in his starts this season.
- Pineda’s starts went over the run total nine times in 17 games with a set total this season.
- The Royals have won 43.9% of the games this season they were the moneyline underdog (43-55).
- In the 141 games bookmakers have set an over/under for Kansas City, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 60 times (60-72-9).
- The Royals are the 23rd-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.2 runs per game (594 total).
- Kansas City has a 4-1 record from the five games it was moneyline underdogs over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Royals and their opponents combined to hit the over three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Singer gets the start for the Royals, his 25th of the season. He is 4-9 with a 4.58 ERA and 117 strikeouts in 116 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance was on Sunday against the White Sox, when the righty threw seven scoreless innings while giving up five hits.
- Over Singer’s 24 starts, his team is 8-16.
- Singer has started 24 contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 11 of them.
Pick for Twins vs. Royals
An in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites favors the Twins to win over the Royals.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.