Minnesota Twins vs. Kansas City Royals: Best Odds and Preview for October 2, 2021
The Kansas City Royals (74-86) host the Minnesota Twins (71-89) on Saturday at 7:10 PM ET. The Royals are underdogs (-105) against the favored Twins (-115).
Minnesota’s Griffin Jax and Kansas City’s Kris Bubic pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
Best Odds for Minnesota Twins vs Kansas City Royals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Minnesota Twins and Kansas City Royals.
- The Twins have won in 39, or 46.4%, of the 84 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Minnesota’s games have gone over the total in 87 of their 159 opportunities.
- The Twins rank 15th in the league with 718 total runs scored this season.
- Minnesota has competed as the favorite in five of its past 10 games and has gone 3-2 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Twins and their opponents have combined to clear the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Jax (3-5) takes the mound first for the Twins in his 14th start of the season. He’s put together a 6.78 ERA in 77 innings pitched, with 62 strikeouts.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday against the Blue Jays, when he threw five innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up six hits.
- In Jax’s 13 starts, his team is 6-7.
- Jax has had 13 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in five of those outings.
- The Royals have won 49 of the 113 games they were the underdog on the moneyline this season (43.4%).
- Kansas City has had an over/under set by bookmakers 160 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 68 of those games (68-82-10).
- The Royals score the 24th-most runs in baseball (683 total, 4.3 per game).
- Kansas City has a 3-4 record across the seven games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings — all of which had a set run total — the Royals and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Bubic gets the start for the Royals, his 20th of the season. He is 6-6 with a 4.52 ERA and 109 strikeouts in 123 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Sunday, the left-hander threw seven scoreless innings against the Tigers while surrendering two hits.
- Bubic’s team has put together a 14-5 record over his 19 starts.
- Bubic has started 19 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in eight of them.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!