Minnesota Twins vs. Detroit Tigers: Best Odds and Preview for September 29, 2021
Miguel Sano will look for his 100th hit of the season (he has 99) when his Minnesota Twins (70-87) square off against the Detroit Tigers (75-82) on Wednesday at 7:40 PM ET. The Twins are favored (-164) over the Tigers (+143).
Minnesota’s Michael Pineda and Detroit’s Casey Mize will take the mound first.
Best Odds for Minnesota Twins vs Detroit Tigers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Minnesota Twins and Detroit Tigers.
- The Twins have been chosen as favorites in 81 games this year and have walked away with the win 38 times (46.9%) in those games.
- Minnesota’s games have gone over the total in 85 of their 156 opportunities.
- The Twins rank 16th in the league with 700 total runs scored this season.
- Over their last 10 games, Minnesota has been favored twice and won each contest.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Twins and their opponents are 3-7 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Pineda gets the start for the Twins, his 21st of the season. He is 8-8 with a 3.73 ERA and 83 strikeouts over 103 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance came on Thursday against the Blue Jays, when the righty went five innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing eight hits.
- In Pineda’s 20 starts, his team is 9-11.
- Pineda has started 20 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 11 of them.
- The Tigers have won 61 of the 133 games they were the moneyline underdog this season (45.9%).
- Detroit has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 65 times this season for a 65-86-6 record against the over/under.
- The Tigers have the No. 23 offense in baseball scoring 4.3 runs per game (675 total runs).
- Detroit was the moneyline underdog for nine of its last 10 games, and went 4-5 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Tigers combined with their opponents to hit the over on the total two times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Mize (7-8) gets the starting nod for the Tigers in his 30th start of the season. He’s put together a 3.63 ERA in 146 1/3 innings pitched, with 114 strikeouts.
- His most recent appearance came on Friday against the Royals, when the right-hander threw three innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing two hits.
- Mize’s team is 15-14 over his 29 starts.
- Mize’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in eight of 29 contests.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!