Minnesota Twins vs. Cleveland Indians: Best Odds and Preview for September 6, 2021
The Cleveland Indians (68-66) match up with the Minnesota Twins (59-77) after Franmil Reyes had a four-hit showing in an 11-5 win over the Red Sox. The Twins are favored (-115) in this matchup with the Indians (-103), which starts at 6:10 PM ET on Monday.
Minnesota’s Bailey Ober gets the start against Cleveland’s Logan Allen.
Best Odds for Minnesota Twins vs Cleveland Indians
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Twins vs Indians Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||67%||33%|
|% of Stake||49%||51%|
- The Twins have won in 33, or 45.8%, of the 72 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Minnesota and their opponents have hit the over in 77 of their 135 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Twins have scored 615 runs (4.5 per game) this season, which ranks 16th in MLB.
- Minnesota has competed as the favorite in three of its past 10 games and has gone 1-2 in those matchups.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Twins and their foes are 3-7 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Ober (2-2 with a 3.98 ERA and 77 strikeouts in 74 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Twins, his 17th of the season.
- His last appearance came on Monday against the Tigers, when the righty tossed six innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Ober’s team has a 10-6 record in his starts this season.
- Ober has started 16 contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in nine of them.
- The Indians have won 31 of the 75 games they were the underdog on the moneyline this season (41.3%).
- Cleveland has played in 132 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 69 times (69-57-6).
- The Indians have the No. 17 offense in MLB action scoring 4.5 runs per game (604 total runs).
- Cleveland played as the moneyline underdog in nine of its last 10 games, and finished 5-4 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Indians combined with their opponents to go over the run total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Allen (1-5) takes the mound first for the Indians in his 10th start of the season. He’s put together a 6.62 ERA in 35 1/3 innings pitched, with 23 strikeouts.
- His most recent time out came on Thursday against the Royals, when the left-hander threw 6 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing five hits.
- Allen’s team has won two of his nine starts.
- Allen has started nine contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in three of them.
Pick for Twins vs. Indians
Our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites points to the Indians being favored to win over the Twins.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.