Milwaukee Brewers vs. St. Louis Cardinals: Best Odds and Preview for September 5, 2021
Corbin Burnes tries for his 10th win of the 2021 campaign when the Milwaukee Brewers (83-54) host the St. Louis Cardinals (69-65) at American Family Field. The Brewers are favored in the matchup (-236) against the Cardinals (+196), and the game starts at 2:10 PM ET on Sunday.
Milwaukee’s Burnes starts against St. Louis’ Jon Lester.
Best Odds for Milwaukee Brewers vs St. Louis Cardinals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Milwaukee Brewers and St. Louis Cardinals in which the Brewers are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Brewers vs Cardinals Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||97%||3%|
|% of Stake||89%||11%|
- The Brewers have been victorous in 65, or 61.3%, of the 106 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Milwaukee’s games have gone over the total in 60 of their 137 opportunities.
- The Brewers have scored 625 runs this season, which ranks 10th in MLB.
- Milwaukee has been favored in seven of its past 10 games and won four of those matchups.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Brewers and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on two occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Burnes (9-4 with a 2.27 ERA and 189 strikeouts in 139 innings pitched) tries for his 10th victory when he gets the start for the Brewers, his 24th of the season.
- His last appearance was on Tuesday against the Giants, when the righty threw six innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up four hits.
- Burnes’ team has put together a 15-8 record in his 23 starts.
- Burnes has had 23 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in 10 of those outings.
- The Cardinals have won 25 of the 60 games they were the underdog on the moneyline this season (41.7%).
- St. Louis has played in 134 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 61 times (61-67-6).
- The Cardinals have the No. 24 offense in baseball scoring 4.2 runs per game (559 total runs).
- St. Louis was the moneyline underdog in five of its last 10 games, and finished 3-2 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings — all of which had a set run total — the Cardinals and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Lester makes the start for the Cardinals, his 23rd of the season. He is 5-6 with a 5.05 ERA and 68 strikeouts in 107 innings pitched.
- The left-hander last appeared on Monday against the Reds, when he tossed 6 1/3 innings, allowing one earned run while giving up one hit.
- Lester’s team has a 4-2 record in his six starts.
- Lester has started six contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in three of them.
Pick for Brewers vs. Cardinals
Our in-depth statistical analysis paired with the bet split data provided by regulated betting sites favors the Brewers to win over the Cardinals.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.