Milwaukee Brewers vs. St. Louis Cardinals: Best Odds and Preview for September 4, 2021
Nolan Arenado leads the St. Louis Cardinals (69-64) into a contest with the Milwaukee Brewers (82-54) a game after he homered twice in a 15-4 win over the Brewers. The Brewers are favored on the moneyline (-140) against the Cardinals (+121) in this outing, which begins at 7:10 PM ET on Saturday.
Milwaukee has Adrian Houser set to start, while St. Louis counters Kwang-Hyun Kim.
Best Odds for Milwaukee Brewers vs St. Louis Cardinals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Milwaukee Brewers and St. Louis Cardinals in which the Brewers are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Brewers vs Cardinals Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||68%||32%|
|% of Stake||87%||13%|
- The Brewers have won in 64, or 61%, of the 105 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Contests with Milwaukee have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 60 of 136 chances this season.
- The Brewers have scored the 10th-most runs in the league this season with 621.
- In seven games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Milwaukee has a record of 4-3.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Brewers and their opponents have combined to clear the total two times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Brewers are sending Houser (7-6) out for his 22nd start of the season. He is 7-6 with a 3.69 ERA and 86 strikeouts in 112 1/3 innings pitched.
- His last time out was on Saturday against the Twins, when the right-hander went five innings, surrendering five earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Houser’s team has a 14-7 record in his starts this season.
- Houser has had 21 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in 14 of those outings.
- The Cardinals have been the moneyline underdog 59 total times this season. They’ve finished 25-34 in those games.
- In the 133 games oddsmakers have set an over/under for St. Louis, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 61 times (61-66-6).
- The Cardinals have the No. 26 offense in MLB play scoring 4.1 runs per game (544 total runs).
- St. Louis has a 3-1 record from the four games it was moneyline underdogs over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Cardinals and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Kim gets the start for the Cardinals, his 21st of the season. He is 6-6 with a 3.23 ERA and 75 strikeouts over 97 2/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander’s most recent time out was on Sunday against the Pirates, when he tossed four innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing three hits.
- Kim’s team has a 12-8 record over his 20 starts.
- Kim’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in nine of 20 contests.
Pick for Brewers vs. Cardinals
Bet split data from regulated betting sites paired with our in-depth games analysis favors the Brewers to win over the Cardinals.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!