Milwaukee Brewers vs. St. Louis Cardinals: Best Odds and Preview for September 3, 2021
The Milwaukee Brewers (82-53) will look for another strong showing from a batter on a hot streak when they match up against the St. Louis Cardinals (68-64) on Friday at 8:10 PM ET at American Family Field. Lorenzo Cain is on a two-game home run streak for the favored Brewers (-171) in the contest against the underdog Cardinals (+147).
Milwaukee’s Freddy Peralta starts against St. Louis’ Adam Wainwright.
Best Odds for Milwaukee Brewers vs St. Louis Cardinals
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Milwaukee Brewers and St. Louis Cardinals in which the Brewers are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Brewers vs Cardinals Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||90%||10%|
|% of Stake||99%||1%|
- The Brewers have been victorous in 64, or 61.5%, of the 104 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Contests with Milwaukee have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 59 of 135 chances this season.
- The Brewers have scored 621 runs this season, which ranks 10th in MLB.
- In seven games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Milwaukee has a record of 5-2.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Brewers and their opponents have combined to clear the total two times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Peralta (9-3) is going for his 10th win when he gets the starting nod for the Brewers in his 23rd start of the season. He has a 2.45 ERA in 121 1/3 innings pitched, with 164 strikeouts.
- His most recent time out came on Wednesday, Aug. 18 against the Cardinals, when the righty tossed two innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Peralta’s team has compiled a 16-6 record over his 22 starts.
- Peralta’s starts hit the over on the run total nine times in 22 games with a set total this season.
- The Cardinals have gone 24-34 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 41.4% of those games).
- In the 132 games oddsmakers have set an over/under for St. Louis, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 60 times (60-66-6).
- The Cardinals are the 25th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.1 runs per game (544 total).
- St. Louis was the underdog on the moneyline in three of its last 10 games, and finished 2-1 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings — all of which had a set run total — the Cardinals and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Wainwright (13-7) gets the starting nod for the Cardinals in his 27th start of the season. He has a 2.97 ERA in 169 2/3 innings pitched, with 155 strikeouts.
- His last appearance came on Saturday against the Pirates, when the right-hander threw seven scoreless innings while allowing three hits.
- Wainwright’s team has a 16-10 record in his starts this season.
- Wainwright has had 26 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and 10 of those matchups hit the over.
Pick for Brewers vs. Cardinals
Our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites points to the Brewers being favored to win over the Cardinals.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.