Milwaukee Brewers vs. St. Louis Cardinals: Best Odds and Preview for August 18, 2021
Freddy Peralta tries for his 10th win of the season when the Milwaukee Brewers (73-47) visit the St. Louis Cardinals (61-57) at Busch Stadium. The Brewers are favored in the matchup (-122) against the Cardinals (+102), and first pitch is at 7:45 PM ET on Wednesday. Milwaukee’s Peralta gets the start against St. Louis’ Jack Flaherty.
Best Odds for Milwaukee Brewers vs St. Louis Cardinals
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Milwaukee Brewers and St. Louis Cardinals in which the Brewers are currently the clear pick among bettors to claim victory.
Brewers vs Cardinals Moneyline Action
- The Brewers have been victorous in 56, or 60.9%, of the 92 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Milwaukee and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 53 of their 120 opportunities.
- The Brewers have scored the 11th-most runs in the league this season with 557 (4.6 per game).
- Milwaukee has competed as the favorite in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 7-3 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Brewers and their opponents have combined to clear the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Peralta (9-3 with a 2.26 ERA and 162 strikeouts in 119 1/3 innings pitched) goes for his 10th victory when he makes the start for the Brewers, his 22nd of the season.
- In his last time out on Tuesday, Aug. 10, the righty went 5 1/3 innings against the Cubs, giving up two earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- In Peralta’s 23 starts, his team is 16-7.
- Peralta’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in nine of 23 games.
- The Cardinals have won 39.6% of the games this season they were the moneyline underdog (21-32).
- St. Louis has played in 118 games with an over/under set, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 54 times (54-59-5).
- The Cardinals score the 25th-most runs in baseball (482 total, 4.1 per game).
- In the last 10 games, St. Louis has been listed as the moneyline underdog by oddsmakers only twice, and it split those games.
- In their last 10 outings, the Cardinals and their opponents combined to hit the over three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Flaherty (9-1 with a 2.65 ERA and 72 strikeouts in 68 innings pitched) looks for his 10th win when he makes the start for the Cardinals, his 13th of the season.
- The righty’s last appearance was on Saturday against the Royals, when he threw six scoreless innings while allowing two hits.
- Over Flaherty’s 12 starts, his team is 10-2.
- Flaherty’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in seven of 12 games.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!